SOLD OUT: SR-410 Compact Mini Revolver Shotgun

Same question here. Specifically slugs.

Ideally .45 Colt would work as a .410 slug (same base, some firearms handle both) but a proper slug has to fit inside a plastic hull and be smaller, and there's a chance a shotgun barrel throats down too small to pass a .45 bullet.

Can you get this thing made in 45/70? That would be awesome!

45/70 is a rifle caliber which is too much for the revolver type of thing. But I think it would be perfect fit for any large pistol caliber like 45LC, 44MAG, perhaps Casul, which would be a way better bullet option than 410 slugs. I'd buy it now, if so. Reloading those cartridges is super easy and lots of supplies to make it economical, yet easy to source the ammo too. Good choice as a bush gun and those who have wheel gun itch while missed opportunity to buy the actual revolver pistol. I bet TI is listening to this.

45/70 is a rifle caliber which is too much for the revolver type of thing. But I think it would be perfect fit for any large pistol caliber like 45LC, 44MAG, perhaps Casul, which would be a way better bullet option than 410 slugs. I'd buy it now, if so. Reloading those cartridges is super easy and lots of supplies to make it economical, yet easy to source the ammo too. Good choice as a bush gun and those who have wheel gun itch while missed opportunity to buy the actual revolver pistol. I bet TI is listening to this.

45-70 revolvers are a thing. I’ve seen them in person.

45-70 revolvers are a thing. I’ve seen them in person.

Yep. The Magnum Research BFR.

This thing in a 45/70 would sell like hot cakes.

002_bfr3in_gate_01s.jpg

A .410/.45 Colt gun would be a versatile thing, but I'm guessing that would need that elusive rifle license to produce in that distant land of fine walnut.

Got mine this week.

Some notes:

It's built like a tank. Solid AF.

I had gotten 100 rnds of 410 slugs (my range only allows slugs). Federal.

Not a single ONE would chamber half way passed the brass. Had to use pliers to back them out.

Went to crappy tire (CONVENIENCE ONLY), they had two boxes of Winchester super X 410 slugs. ($3 per round!)

Those fit in fine. But you REALLY had to push them in on the last 0.1 mm HARD to get the cylinder to rotate in. Tight tolerances.

Out of 10, had 3 misfires (non-fires, and no refires cycling through). Examining the strikes on those 3 misfires compared to the other 7, the primer was hit half as deep.

Maybe it was the ammo, dunno.

This was in single action mode.

Methinks the firing pin spring is a little too strong. Maybe just needs more of a workout.

Can't use the 100 rnds of Federal: they won't fit. Can't return it.

Last edited:
Got mine this week.

Some notes:

It's built like a tank. Solid AF.

I had gotten 100 rnds of 410 slugs (my range only allows slugs). Federal.

Not a single ONE would chamber half way passed the brass. Had to use pliers to back them out.

Went to crappy tire (CONVENIENCE ONLY), they had two boxes of Winchester super X 410 slugs. ($3 per round!)

Those fit in fine. But you REALLY had to push them in on the last 0.1 mm HARD to get the cylinder to rotate in. Tight tolerances.

Out of 10, had 3 misfires (non-fires, and no refires cycling through). Examining the strikes on those 3 misfires compared to the other 7, the primer was hit half as deep.

Maybe it was the ammo, dunno.

This was in single action mode.

Methinks the firing pin spring is a little too strong. Maybe just needs more of a workout.

Can't use the 100 rnds of Federal: they won't fit. Can't return it.

Sorry to hear of the problem, shoot us an email, we'll get a replacement arranged

Update:

After waiting 2 months, received some Sterling slugs.

They fit perfectly, no issues. Easy in, easy out. WAY better.

Will report back after range day.

:cool:

Can you tell me where you found Sterling .410 slugs?
Also interested to see what extraction is like after firing.
Thanks.

Bullseye North.

It was a pre-order thing, it's why it took so long.

Update: back from the range. The Sterling shells extracted pretty easily after being shot.

The double action sometimes wouldn't fire some shells (the same shells would fire in single action, so they weren't duds), until I put about 30 rounds through it. After that, every shell (50) fired without an issue in double action.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom