Thread: Good hunting locations in Ontario

Good hunting locations in Ontario

Good evening all,

Wondering your favourite places to hunt for deer (or whatever else) in Ontario. Any cool stories also welcome.

I hunt around Eastern Ontario, mostly near Ottawa and surrounding areas but have occasionally hunted up around Algonquin on the east side.

I don't think many will give you their best hunting spots but might direct you to a general area where you can hunt.

What part of Ontario are you most interested in.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhite View Post
    I hunt around Eastern Ontario, mostly near Ottawa and surrounding areas but have occasionally hunted up around Algonquin on the east side.
    **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    I don't think many will give you their best hunting spots but might direct you to a general area where you can hunt.

What part of Ontario are you most interested in.
    My friends also love hunting. Do you want to go with them?

The chances of someone giving the locations of their prime deer hunting spot are nill to zero but it’s no problem to ask. My hunting buddy has 600 acres and we have access to another 600 acres of private land on the other side of the road so that’s great for the 4 - 5 of us that hunt it. Certainly glad that we don’t have to hunt crown land as there’s quite often an interference problem with the better spots.

As for moose, we often have to hunt new to us WMU’s because of tag allocation. Difficult for sure but we’ve been successful pretty much every year but put on a ton of miles in our moose hunting excursions.
    The most asinine quote in Canadian history;
    A “fringe minority” in truckers convoy with “unacceptable views” “don’t represent Canadians”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trimmer 905's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pdamorse View Post
    Good evening all,

Wondering your favourite places to hunt for deer (or whatever else) in Ontario. Any cool stories also welcome.
    Southern Ontario from the south border of Algonquin Park roughly on a line across the province is 95% private property making it exceedingly difficult to gain permission to enter. I suggest downloading the Crown Land Use Atlas. It can really help you find spots to hunt in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by pdamorse;19n Island911269
    Good evening all,

Manitoulen island but all private properties here

Well a lot of people have good luck around Dunchurch and Burks falls. I haven’t had great luck at all. If I could get a moose tag it would be a different story. There’s a huge chunk of crown land at the end of my street.