shipping question

wayupnorth

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm ordering a $45 part off your website and the shipping is $31.55 by Canada Post.
I'm just curious, doesn't Canada Post have $17 flat rate shipping boxes?
are you guys not allowed to use those or something?
hard for me to click the submit order button when the shipping is almost as much as the part I want to order.

I asked one vendor the exact same question. They told me those are only available for consumers to use, not retailers.

I asked one vendor the exact same question. They told me those are only available for consumers to use, not retailers.

Generally, small business accounts can actually get *better* rates for shipping, especially when the packages are physically smaller/lighter than the flat rate boxs.

I'm ordering a $45 part off your website and the shipping is $31.55 by Canada Post.
I'm just curious, doesn't Canada Post have $17 flat rate shipping boxes?
are you guys not allowed to use those or something?
hard for me to click the submit order button when the shipping is almost as much as the part I want to order.

I guess that's what happens when you live "Way up North"!........:)

Just kidding!......:)

The discounts for the small business accounts are a joke, like the other fellows have stated.

Thank the corrupt Trudeau foundation for screwing the average Canadian.......:(

I am a business account holder , I or any one
can go in and buy as many pre-paid boxes as they wish.
...skwerl

Doesn't matter, the moment you go to the store and buy a pre paid box, you are no longer a SBA holder, you are a direct consumer, show them your account number, they wont give you a discount for flat rate boxes, you cannot request flat rate boxes through your SBA either, if you use the tracking after, you are tracking it as a generic consumer, linking it to your tracking history is allowed as that could be any package (even incoming).

As a small business account owner, you need to use Snap Ship to create labels and packages, or you go to the store and get boxes as general population does.
You have the privilege to do both as they are two completely different services provided to you. For a large scale retailer, it is a nightmare, and sometimes cannot be covered by insurance if done so, for example everything has to be run through the system for actual coverage and tracking as per store/insurance/inventory policies, and the system is then also linked to automated inventory control etc.

Last edited:
who will know you get a box and you drop it in a post office no questions ask

Don’t you think a retailer have time - personnel to do that ? Even if they do, they will charge additional fees - time - salary and use of vehicle. Business do nothing for free or they will not stay in business.

For most of us, the smallest CP box cost $19.50 - almost nothing can be shipped below than unless it is not thick and fit in a letter.

Generally, small business accounts can actually get *better* rates for shipping, especially when the packages are physically smaller/lighter than the flat rate boxs.

We have found this to not be the case. Flat rate is cheaper 99% of the time and includes 100$ of insurance and ships expedited. Even sending things to Vancouver from our location in PG (not very far) sending an item in a padded envelope costs 1$ more than a small flat rate box when you include the cost of the envelope after our discount. (Unless it's something flat and goes as untracked lettermail)

Back
Top Bottom