The all new Famae flat top.

The 543 is calling my name, does anyone know if SG 550 stocks fit As well? The 543s stock and grip look awful.

Also, just read about a problem with the bolt hitting the folding stock adapter. Home modification required that leaves a hole in the back? Can anyone who has one confirm?

The SG 543 1M is brand new to Canada, never been imported before. Only the 542 1M and 540 1M was imported previously by our competitor (who ordered a year after us, yet received delivery about a year ago :confused:). We wanted the 543-1M (with extended barrel) so that the front end would be lighter and easier to use, as you have a short gas system and quadrail in comparison to the full-length models.

The cut-out in the stock adapter is in place from factory, no drilling any anything required

PXL_20231109_230054089.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20231109_230054089.jpg
    PXL_20231109_230054089.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 2,388
Are the barrels threaded on the 543s? If so, what thread pattern?
What is the twist?
Is the piccatiny handguard floated or connected at the gas block?

Also, what is the make up of the spare parts kits?

Thanks!

Only 32 of the 542'S are remaining, looks like they'll sell out in the first 24 hours.

If I didn't just buy a bunch of Black Friday sale items I would have jumped on one of these!

We bought our place in 2009 and between my wife and I we already own the place and have put on a Quonset Hut, new deck and pool. Our mortgage payment was 667.00 a month and 160$ a month for tax. Which was even cheaper than renting in 2009. We don’t make a ton of money but we also only pay property tax and upkeep now. No loans or credit cards and I’ll keep it that way if I can. Nothing hurts worse than being in debt!

Over 80% of Canadians are in debt.

60% of them are in debt beyond control.

Trudeau says you will own nothing and be happy.

I say F@ck Trudeau!

In saying that, I am glad you are debt free, extremely rare these days.

Congrats!.........:)

I thought long and hard about this rifle today. In the end I bought the Tavor 7 just now - because I have mags, and it’s proven reliability.

This rifle has all kinds of ###y going for it tho. I think I’ll open my new Tavor with lackluster, compared to how I would have opened this rifle up.

I made the sensible choice of the girl next door, when I really wanted the South American stripper dancing on the pole.

If mags had been 1/2 their price, I would have done it, but $85! Damn.

I still lust tho.

The SG 543 1M is brand new to Canada, never been imported before. Only the 542 1M and 540 1M was imported previously by our competitor (who ordered a year after us, yet received delivery about a year ago :confused:). We wanted the 543-1M (with extended barrel) so that the front end would be lighter and easier to use, as you have a short gas system and quadrail in comparison to the full-length models.

The cut-out in the stock adapter is in place from factory, no drilling any anything required

View attachment 721354

Hey TI, thanks for bringing more Famae stuff in. Just grabbed some mags in addition to the metal folding stock (been looking for one for a while now, so thank you very much for that).
Quick question about the folding stock, specifically the metal wire one; does it require any sort of cutout modification? Or was that ONLY an issue with the competitor and their -1M polymer stocks?

I thought long and hard about this rifle today. In the end I bought the Tavor 7 just now - because I have mags, and it’s proven reliability.

This rifle has all kinds of ###y going for it tho. I think I’ll open my new Tavor with lackluster, compared to how I would have opened this rifle up.

I made the sensible choice of the girl next door, when I really wanted the South American stripper dancing on the pole.

If mags had been 1/2 their price, I would have done it, but $85! Damn.

I still lust tho.

I thought hard about it as well all day between this or the Tavor 7. Still haven’t decided.

I do have a few LAR-10 pistol mags that hold 10 rounds, I will probably end up getting Tavor 7 since I have a X95 already. But really would like the SG 542 as well.

I thought hard about it as well all day between this or the Tavor 7. Still haven’t decided.

I do have a few LAR-10 pistol mags that hold 10 rounds, I will probably end up getting Tavor 7 since I have a X95 already. But really would like the SG 542 as well.

I've got both the original 542-1 and Tavor 7. While the 542 is a very neat firearm and conversation piece, as well as light and fun to shoot, if I HAD to pick one it would 100% be the T7. Particularly due to the magazines. And I got my 542 used with 4 mags, a handful of accessories, and some surplus ammo for like $2400 a handful of years ago, so that's saying something. I'd never sell my 542, but if I were to choose one to purchase it would be the T7, personally.

What's the accuracy on these things

I owned one about 9 years ago and was never able to get better than 2 to 3 moa (closer to 3)(7.62 version). It never had stoppages and I liked it but I was looking for AR15 type accuracy for service conditions and I couldn't get it tight enough so I sold it off and went back to the AR... not that I can use the AR now :(

Back
Top Bottom