Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast

Thread: The all new Famae flat top.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    What’s eye relief like with the C79?
    Not sure the exact measurement from the specs, but it’s definitely enough that I’m not bumping myself on the rubber cover. I wasn’t able to run it on my other SG542 with the removable rail as it interfered with the rear sight drum. Definitely a chin weld vs a cheek weld, but not bad at all really.
    Easy come, easy go...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehenrybell View Post
    Well you know the upper and lower receivers are stamped right? The surface is never gonna be even compared to milled receivers. I got SG5401M and 542 from Calgary Shooting Center and the latest version of SG540 from TI, the rails are fine, it's the rear locking piece that's weilded to the receivers that have some variants, out of the 3 guns I have, some rear piece is slightly wielded to the left some are to the right. Nothing serious as long as you know how to adjust your optic. Those are not sub-moa target guns anyway lol.
    I don't know how a bent rail is not a serious issue, I literally cannot mount any optic to it and zero it because it is so bent. If it was >.1mm or so that is fine but it is 1.85mm off center with the barrel and the rest of the rifle there is no way I can get a zero without counteracting the bend physically. I showed a picture of what other rifles that don't have a bent rail look like and that is how they are supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyFM View Post
    I don't know how a bent rail is not a serious issue, I literally cannot mount any optic to it and zero it because it is so bent. If it was >.1mm or so that is fine but it is 1.85mm off center with the barrel and the rest of the rifle there is no way I can get a zero without counteracting the bend physically. I showed a picture of what other rifles that don't have a bent rail look like and that is how they are supposed to be.
    I examined your pics and still can’t see that the rail is off. I see that the rail mount is off. Is the rail not level, flat, and in line?

I just see the back mount is lopsided.

I just checked mine and it looks okay.

I examined your pics and still can’t see that the rail is off. I see that the rail mount is off. Is the rail not level, flat, and in line?

I just see the back mount is lopsided.

I just checked mine and it looks okay.
    The rear lug is 1.85mm off to the right, it should be centered in the middle there. So the picatinny rail is bent off to the left and I cant get an optic to zero on it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyFM View Post
    The rear lug is 1.85mm off to the right, it should be centered in the middle there. So the picatinny rail is bent off to the left and I cant get an optic to zero on it at all.
    Oh. So is the rear lug pulling the rail off center then? Will a scope ring sit crooked?

Oh. So is the rear lug pulling the rail off center then? Will a scope ring sit crooked?
    Yeah, the scope mount is at like a 2-3* angle off to the left, so it's pointed nowhere close to where the barrel is pointing.

I can see your complaint clearly and, stamped receiver or not, pretty crummy QC IMO
    And the excuse of "sub-MOA rifles anyway" is a pretty sad comment too but I guess thats what we've been reduced to with the limited choices available.
    4.5K with a few extra mags is pretty penny and i would expect much more - sure miss my PE90 at this price point and now we realize what an absolute bargain the norc 305s were!!
    I waffled hard on a purchase of one of these and I'm kinda glad they sold out before I pulled the trigger
    (so to speak)
    Last edited by canuck; 12-11-2023 at 10:10 PM.
    *WANTED*
    Remington Model 8 and FN 1900 rifles/parts - PM me!

Absolutely jealous of your C-79

Quote Originally Posted by FidelCastro View Post
    Absolutely jealous of your C-79
    Thanks brother. It just feels right on this rifle.
    Easy come, easy go...

The c*ck suckers in the Senate will push C-21 into law.
    All the Famae rifles are on the updated prohibited list