Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: X95 Micro Tavor Parts Kit

Interested!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Can you tell us what can not be used from the kit?

CGN Regular
    Are all parts compatible with a standard a X95 receiver/stock ? If not which parts wouldn't fit ?

CGN Regular
    For 2gs you could throw in a non restricted receiver.

Actually, why not just ask IWI for stripped receivers and build them with these parts and sell them.as complete rifles?

They would be restricted at that point, starting this whole issue again….

CGN Regular
    Not if the stripped receiver was a semi receiver from the factory. You just have to register it after your assemble it. Or keep it NR with a 18.6 barrel.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Scraggle View Post
    They would be restricted at that point, starting this whole issue again….
    With the 13 inch barrel yeah sure... but restricted is better than prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by John Rambo View Post
    For 2gs you could throw in a non restricted receiver.

Actually, why not just ask IWI for stripped receivers and build them with these parts and sell them.as complete rifles?
    Pretty certain IWI is busy supplying their military to even be in a position or interested to provide us with anything currently

gadget
    War Is Never Undertaken by an Ideal State, Except in Defence of its Honour, or its Safety

Quote Originally Posted by Corfius View Post
    Are all parts compatible with a standard a X95 receiver/stock ? If not which parts wouldn't fit ?
    You might need to take a bit of plastic off the MSW receiver to make one of the control arms function with an aluminum semi receiver insert.

I'm ordering a 13" SBR x95 from IRG as a donor gun to see what else needs to be modified. I'm assuming the full auto trigger pack will stop at the semi insert's "hump" preventing it from fully going in. I'll use the stock semi trigger pack.

There are other minute differences on the x95's that are over 13" from the factory (headspacing, gas) that I have read on other forums. This is most likely from people using the MSW parts in a civi donor x95. I'm going to be doing the opposite.

Technically speaking, you could use all the parts off the MSW parts kit in a donor gun if you have the means. The RC's only prohibbed the serialized MSW receiver and any new receiver should be GTG, giggle bits be damned, as it still won't go brrrpp.

The only "downside" doing this is that from outward appearances, it will look like a prohib MSW when all is said and done. Keep all your provenance with you if you go this route!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    I had both and fad of owning a micro soon worn out quick. YMMV

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast