Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No BLACK FRIDAY Sales at Frontier

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cycoblade View Post
    So who wants to comment on Boxing Month sales? Another watered down ridiculousness. Especially the stores that have Boxing week sales that start before Christmas.

I'd rather stores had fewer sales but made them worthwhile. Especially given the cost of shipping these days.
    I miss Boxing Day. 15 years ago it was my favorite day of the year, used to get up stupid early, wait in line for hours, but we'd turn it into a party! A&B Sound on Boxing Day was a madhouse of epic proportions! Bought my first flatscreen TV at Visions Electronics after waiting in the snow for hours (and we don't get much snow around here)... That magic has certainly disappeared.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I believe Cyber Monday was originally an online only sale? You needed to go to cyberspace to get the deals, hence the name, but I don't think it was ever restricted to consumer electronics?
    I stand corrected. Shows what I shop for most!
    I like to think I know enough to know when I don’t know enough….

Quote Originally Posted by BattleRife View Post
    The whole concept was that it accompanies US Thanksgiving, which falls on Thursday. I always disliked how it was imported here, it didn't fit our calendar at all.
    The original concept of "black friday" was around the fact that retail operations take until that relative date to finally end up in the "black". The average date to actually turn a profit. This date is relevant in Canada just like the US. Just happened to align so well with american dates that it was bastardized.
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    Love it. It’s ridiculous this year.

Pre-pre Black Friday week last week
    Pre Black Friday week this week
    Black Friday week next week
    Cyber Monday week after that

It’s lost all meaning

Quote Originally Posted by luke s View Post

It’s lost all meaning
    I don't search for meaning, I search for deals. I try not to get too cerebral looking for cheap ammo. lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZEN403 View Post
    The original concept of "black friday" was around the fact that retail operations take until that relative date to finally end up in the "black". The average date to actually turn a profit. This date is relevant in Canada just like the US. Just happened to align so well with american dates that it was bastardized.
    This is simply not true.

The truth is that it was named Black Friday by the Police in Philadelphia Back in the 1950s, police in the city of Philadelphia used the term to describe the chaos that ensued on the day after Thanksgiving, when hordes of suburban shoppers and tourists flooded into the city in advance of the big Army-Navy football game held on that Saturday every year. Not only were Philly cops not able to take the day off, but they had to work extra-long shifts dealing with the additional crowds and traffic. Shoplifters also took advantage of the bedlam in stores and made off with merchandise, adding to the law enforcement headache.
    Quoted from the history channel. I don't know how to post a link.

The red ink, black ink is a complete fallacy. But a prettier kinder story that makes you feel sorry for businesses that worked all year losing money until November.

Edited for spelling and because I barely know what I am doing with a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by bunny View Post
    About time retailers resist this stupid marketing crap.

You realize though that announcing you're "Anti Black Friday" in a post listing all your sales that are available during the black Friday window is...just another marketing gimmick though, right?

We posted this so when people come to our thread asking about "Black Friday sales", they can read this before posting

If that meets the criteria of a gimmick to you, than everything must be a gimmick to you.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 11-23-2023 at 07:16 PM.
    Pro Patria 2009+

Quote Originally Posted by BattleRife View Post
    The whole concept was that it accompanies US Thanksgiving, which falls on Thursday. I always disliked how it was imported here, it didn't fit our calendar at all.
    Yes. And yet so many here are terrified of becoming too Americanized lol
    When a clown moves into the palace, he does not become a king.
    The palace becomes a circus.
    I shamelessly stole quote this from thegunnut because it simply identifies the state of this country - a three ring circus

This is amazing! Finally some common sense! Now.....gotta shop (at Frontier)!
    Shawn

NFA, CSSA

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    We have a large pallet of guns that were on a distributor clear out that will be her in 2 weeks.

There is going to be some really good buys.
    Unfourtunalty without the "Black Friday" attached to it, no one would possibly buy them (sarcasm).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast