Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CZ 457 Carbon .22lr 20"

Thats a lot of coin. I seem to have got myself into another expensive hobby. ��

Ok, so for dollar value it seems worth it based on parts.

Now I need to ask myself if spending the extra for a carbon barrel is worth it. Being a new shooter, the advantages are likely lost on me with regards to accuracy improvements but I can certainly see where the weight savings are useful. On the other hand, how much use will it actually get to see with me as it's owner? Im not a competitive shooter and I'm new to the sport so saving some dollars and going with a varmint, varmint mtr or lrp model is probably sufficient considering my (lack of) skills. I do partially believe in the theory of 'buy once, cry once' though. And I have also learned from other hobbies/sports how much better it is to use the pricier gear because it IS better.

Mostly I had decided just a regular varmint (non-match chamber) was the right cz457 for my realistic needs and is on my list for my next purchase. I decided that I was willing to give up having the match chamber for a lighter, more maneuverable firearm. But now there's an even lighter model coming that has the match chamber too? The struggle of want vs need is real.... lol.

I will pass looks like my Savage Mark II with iron sights is good enough for my needs

CGN Regular
    As beautiful and lightweight this gun is, especially if it's your first 22, I'd reccomend going with the regular varmint.

Carbon barrels are beautiful and can be accurate, however they are not as mob proof and durable as a typical steel barrel.

The 457 varmint will be a gun that you'll enjoy forever, then pass on to your kids.

What’s the Dovetail size?

Quote Originally Posted by Theron View Post
    As beautiful and lightweight this gun is, especially if it's your first 22, I'd reccomend going with the regular varmint.

Carbon barrels are beautiful and can be accurate, however they are not as mob proof and durable as a typical steel barrel.

The 457 varmint will be a gun that you'll enjoy forever, then pass on to your kids.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rippo View Post
    What’s the Dovetail size?
    I want to say 11mm, but don't quote me on that.

Shipping to dealers in 7-10 business days.

Left hands?
    www.canadiangunslingers.com - CGS for those who don't know

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234