Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some 17 WSM Ammuntion in Stock

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr101 View Post
    How much was it going for? $30 a box?
    Winchester - 17 WSM - 15 Gr - Varmint X - Lead Free Polymer Tip - 50ct - X17W15PLF $30.99
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    It is a cool round, but the industry support is certainly lacking. Midway USA only lists 6 guns, all made by Savage (5 of which are Bmags, so really its 2 different guns and 5 different flavors of one of 'em), and lots of people just won't buy a Savage.
    I wanted to build one on the RimX action about 1.5 yrs ago, but couldn't get a barrel in Canada. That has now changed, and you can now buy and build a rims in 17wsm.

But yea, not much selection for a stock 17wsm. The ammo has been hard to find as well when I was looking for some back then. Maybe one day I will still get one, but I'm onto other things of interest for now.

Quote Originally Posted by wallz View Post
    I wanted to build one on the RimX action about 1.5 yrs ago, but couldn't get a barrel in Canada. That has now changed, and you can now buy and build a rims in 17wsm.

But yea, not much selection for a stock 17wsm. The ammo has been hard to find as well when I was looking for some back then. Maybe one day I will still get one, but I'm onto other things of interest for now.
    I've got the RimX and WSM conversion kit.. just missing the barrel - prefit if possible. Know of any good sources in Canada?

Have Proof barrels for 22 LR and 22 WMR, but they don't make the WSM yet.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr101 View Post
    I've got the RimX and WSM conversion kit.. just missing the barrel - prefit if possible. Know of any good sources in Canada?

Have Proof barrels for 22 LR and 22 WMR, but they don't make the WSM yet.
    Sent you a PM.

CGN Regular
    I love my 17 wsm. But like others wish that I could get it in a nicer rifle. My bmag is a laser and does its primary function of hitting the target very well but everything else about it is total trash. It's strange that it is my worst rifle by quite a bit, yet it might be my favourite all at the same time.
    I can't say enough about how much I like 17 wsm. A 200 yard coyote is a dead coyote with the 20 grain vmax.

seen 9 boxes of ammo for $29.99 each at Bass Pro Niagara last night

CGN frequent flyer
    The Bmag action is the absolute worst bolt action design of our life time. The cocking on close is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by powerbaitron View Post
    The Bmag action is the absolute worst bolt action design of our life time. The cocking on close is ridiculous.
    Agreed, absolutely horrible!.......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

I was lucky enough to get a Ruger 77/17 from Prophet River a few years back. A lot nicer rifle than the Bmag.

Quote Originally Posted by jester3006 View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a Ruger 77/17 from Prophet River a few years back. A lot nicer rifle than the Bmag.
    Very nice rifle! I've been on the hunt for a 77/17 for a long while but none to be had anywhere.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast