Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We're Changing Things at SBI...

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post

Of course you can also order from MagDump.ca which is directly linked to our inventory system.
    isn't MagDump.ca still your own online retail entity? So this is just to decouple the main site and business name from selling direct to consumer then?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    Lol so many people think that it's no problem if they just drop by and tour/hang around the shop for a while. Visits like that are ok sometimes, but they're super disruptive. Shops like you don't have time to stop and BS with everyone that just comes in off the street, It really puzzles me that some people don't seem to understand that.
    Nobody said anything about walking around in their machine shop.

They were talking about picking up a pre-paid package at the door. Nothing more.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Desjard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    Nobody said anything about walking around in their machine shop.

They were talking about picking up a pre-paid package at the door. Nothing more.
    Exactly.
    Yeah I support PPC
    Pierre Poilievre for Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Every company has things that work for them and things that don't. In my business I deal with this all the time, people don't understand why we don't offer a particular service and think we should change to suit their needs. The problem is that it doesn't work for us, even if the customer thinks it "would be so easy" to accommodate them.

It seems right now walk in/pick up orders aren't a thing for SBI. Maybe in the future.

It's been some time since I ordered anything from SBI but IIRC I think they have pretty reasonable shipping prices anyway. Even if you live fairly local when you factor in gas and time maybe getting something shipped isn't so bad after all. I've actually had something shipped to me from a store about 35 minutes away from me because when I looked at gas and my time and possibly being caught in slow traffic it made way more sense.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    To be honest I never understood why the SBI website and Magdump were two different things…

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    To be honest I never understood why the SBI website and Magdump were two different things…
    This is actually a good question and there's a good reason for it. SpectreBallistics.com represents our brand. If we sold ammo and other things on there we would risk brand dilution. We started magdump as a side hussle since we were ordering wholesale ammo for testing, we figured we should sell it too. MagDump.ca is a retail site like any other and SpectreBallistics.com is a brand site like hk-usa.com or savagearms.com

In the coming weeks we will be re-styling SpectreBallistics.com to be more of a catalog than it is now.

But i want to go to burgerking.com and get my big mac! Change is scary!

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon_ha View Post
    But i want to go to burgerking.com and get my big mac! Change is scary!
    Just make your own damn big mac. Grill up some grey cardboard, add expired thousand islands.... easy.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    We started magdump as a side hussle
    At least it's good to know we can technically still order directly from SBI, just through the side hustle instead. Looking forward to the professional side redesign.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    I would love to be able to buy from you guys, I live like 5 mins away. But having to pay shipping usually makes it not worth the cost difference. Where if I could pick up it’s competitive and I would buy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast