Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Handguns for ATC Gunranges Dealers Museums

I wonder if I have can purchase a piece of land, turn it into a private range and then be able to purchase handguns

atc only applies to the specific firearm you apply for. i think application allows for two. so if you don't already have them you can purchase the two you indicated in your application. so not a licence to go back to buying handguns. is my understanding anyways.

If I were to become an armoured car guard, and I purchase a couple of pistols, do I need to return them to the government if I quit my job?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Desjard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    I wonder if I have can purchase a piece of land, turn it into a private range and then be able to purchase handguns
    Find out
    Yeah I support PPC
    Pierre Poilievre for Canada.

CGN frequent flyer
    Before people get their hopes up and or try to become armored car guards for no reason.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...html#h-1378321

Handguns
    4.1 The chief firearms officer may authorize the transfer of a handgun to an individual only if the individual needs the handgun

(a) to protect the life of that individual or of other individuals;

(b) for use in connection with his or her lawful profession or occupation; or
    The CFO isn't going to just willy nilly transfer handguns to people for personal use, 99% of armored car guards are issued firearms and when that happens you don't need a personal firearm for work, since the employer is supplying it.

I mean try if you want but the CFO and government isn't that dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Desjard View Post
    What are the requirements to open your own museum?
    From the Firearms Licences Regulation, SOR/98-199.

Eligibility of Museums
    20 A museum is eligible to hold a licence only if

(a) the museum is incorporated by or under an Act of Parliament or of the legislature of a province;

(b) the museum is a non-profit organization;

(c) the museum is open to the public, or puts on demonstrations or displays for the public, on a regular basis;

(d) the museum or its curator is a member in good standing of a national or provincial museums association; and

(e) the museum is administered for purposes that include collecting, preserving, studying, interpreting, assembling and exhibiting to the public for its education and enjoyment objects and specimens of educational and cultural value, including artistic, scientific, historical and technological materials.

Quote Originally Posted by messier82 View Post
    If I were to become an armed car guard, and I purchase a couple of pistols, do I need to return them to the government if I quit my job?
    You would only be allowed to purchase the handgun/model/serial/caliber explicitly stated on your ATC for the purpose the ATC was issued. Not just any handgun you want.

The exception allows current ATC holders to get a replacement for their broken/upgrading their trapping ATC etc.

eg: You are required to carry a Glock 17 gen 4 as a guard in 9mm, that is all you can buy or carry, most armed guards/cash vans are issued pistols by their work though, they need to be handed in at their respective storage/stations after your shift, the ATC is specific to carrying that issued pistol (owned by the business) for the purpose of the job when on shift. Cant take it home as you please, they may consider issues a separate ATC for range practice etc.
    OR,
    Your registered ATC 357 Mag revolver is broken, or too heavy for you now and you'd like to switch to a 10mm Glock 20 for trapping/ remote forestry work etc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Desjard's Avatar
    How do ranges get to purchase handguns?
    Yeah I support PPC
    Pierre Poilievre for Canada.

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desjard View Post
    How do ranges get to purchase handguns?
    They have a BFL.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    No.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast