Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BCL MRX Bronco Howitzer .223 9.5" Non-Restricted

Grab the .308 that was released first….

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    It would be cool if the could made the barrels and calibres easy to swap out and offer it as a swiss army to it all platform.

Need a compact defensive weapon, drop on the short barrel, going hunting or want to shoot at the range off a bench.... put on the longer barrel.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Patiently waiting for 7.62x39

My nephew has the 308 and it is a fire breathing dragon and a blast to shoot outdoors. I have had great success with my Bison 12.5 inch so yesterday I went to my local gun shop and handled the new MRX Howitzer in 223 9.5 inch. The fit and finish was very nice. Comparing it to my Bison its a more refined and quite a bit lighter. The bolt and trigger are the same. Once its folded it is a small unit. Since I have had success with my Bison I decided to purchase it. Looking forward to mounting a scope on it and taking it to the range so I can give a report. It come with a 20 round BCL mag as well.

Has there been any word on when the next batch of MXR Bronco Howitzer in 300 Blackout will release? With either the 9.5" or 12.5" Barrel?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroxace View Post
    My nephew has the 308 and it is a fire breathing dragon and a blast to shoot outdoors. I have had great success with my Bison 12.5 inch so yesterday I went to my local gun shop and handled the new MRX Howitzer in 223 9.5 inch. The fit and finish was very nice. Comparing it to my Bison its a more refined and quite a bit lighter. The bolt and trigger are the same. Once its folded it is a small unit. Since I have had success with my Bison I decided to purchase it. Looking forward to mounting a scope on it and taking it to the range so I can give a report. It come with a 20 round BCL mag as well.
    Yea once they come out with the 300blk model of the howitzer I'll be all over it. The scout 12.5 was great for me I really enjoyed it alot. Having the ability to slide it into a backpack and take my dual sport motorcycle out to the boonies for some target shooting is so appealing for me. Can't wait! Get them 300blk models out there NS!
    YEA BABY!

Quote Originally Posted by Cross94 View Post
    Yeah, it absolutely boggles the mind that they're releasing this first in .223. A 9" barrel is way more suitable with .300 or 7.62x39.
    It does, this is essentially a loud 22 hornet lobbing heavier bullets

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CAC View Post
    Too bad you can't hunt with those in BC
    yes, even carrying it on crown land in BC during hunting season can be problematic as a CO will assume you are hunting, with or without a license won't matter
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    yes, even carrying it on crown land in BC during hunting season can be problematic as a CO will assume you are hunting, with or without a license won't matter
    coyotes are always open
    Never say 'whoa' in the middle of a mud hole.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    It would be cool if the could made the barrels and calibres easy to swap out and offer it as a swiss army to it all platform.
    Need a compact defensive weapon, drop on the short barrel, going hunting or want to shoot at the range off a bench.... put on the longer barrel.
    Pic has what looks like a barrel retaining nut? ala Savage? have not looked closer for this
    Never say 'whoa' in the middle of a mud hole.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast