Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Reminder About Milsurp

Business Member MistyMountainSupply's Avatar

Little Reminder About Milsurp

Name:  20230223_145455.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  146.6 KB

Due to some recent thread derailing, we think its time to remind the world what Milsurp is. It is gear no longer in use by a military entity. This could be due to the government selling it to the public due to a switch over or overstock, it could be a capture in a conflict, it could be soldiers trading gear and having it eventually making its way to a store and more.

We are not new to the game. We follow rules and regulations to a T and just because we have an item you don't like the history of, doesn't mean you should be posting ridiculous allegations (flavour of the week last week was calling us warcriminals because we have Russian jackets in stock lol). We sell items from just about every ideology under the sun, from tons of different countries, conflicts and eras. It doesn't mean we endorse any particular ideology. We are not communists for selling our vast inventory of combloc items, we are not fascists for selling the occasional 1940s German item, we are a store that sells historical artifacts and gear. Simple as.

We will continue to bring new and exciting items to market, but will be spending a little time moderating our threads going forward and deleting off topic posts or political comments. This is not the place for them, go fight it out in the appropriate thread.

Thanks again to everyone for their continued support. We have some cool stuff planned, stay tuned!
    Misty Mountain Supply
    Equipping regular Canadians since 2020.
    http://www.mistymountainsupply.com

Thank you gents. Stay classy!
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6

Crybabies get bent, Misty did nothing wrong!

I love browsing the store all the time, You boys keep up the good work!

CGN Regular
    Very interesting artifacts you are offering. I did not read those comments, but I think indeed people might be concerned that you may be involved in some sort of trade deals with currently active “ideologies”. One might guess soviet era surplus goods might be stored in a warehouse currently located in one of the ex-soviet country/republic. Not necessary Russia, as it was just one of 15 ex-republics.

People always need something to REEEE about lol. Keep it up guys.
    Everything I post is strictly my opinion.
    Don’t watch me while I’m doin stuff.
    You can vote your way into communism, but you’ll have to shoot your way out.

Gentlemen, it's a travesty that individuals around here don't recognize the Capitalists you are.

For the idiots, go buy low and sell high and you too can join our glorious Capitalist ranks. If not, disappear scumbags.
    Saying "Vote for Max" is telling everyone you're a Liberal without saying "I'm a Liberal."

Quote Originally Posted by Duramax6.6 View Post
    Gentlemen, it's a travesty that individuals around here don't recognize the Capitalists you are.

For the idiots, go buy low and sell high and you too can join our glorious Capitalist ranks. If not, disappear scumbags.
    well said!
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bluelynx's Avatar
    WOW:

You actually had to post the OP?

Oh Boy.

Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyMountainSupply View Post

Due to some recent thread derailing, we think its time to remind the world what Milsurp is. It is gear no longer in use by a military entity.... it could be a capture in a conflict, it could be soldiers trading gear and having it eventually making its way to a store and more.
    I don't think anyone wants Misty Mountain supply not to be successful in selling milsurp but I think the point of the several previous posters in the deleted thread on current issued Russian military cold weather parkas for sale was that it kind of seemed unsavory in light of the current hot conflict and the realistic possibility that these were sourced from recent Russian POWs, especially in the context that the OP noted some lower grade items had bullet holes in them but "no blood". I get some folks are totally cool with that but there are certainly some folks who are not anti capitalist, communist or whatever left wing derogatory term who may find the optics a little insipid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast