Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213

Thread: **UPDATE** for CZ Bren 2 MS Barrel Components only at Dlask Arms Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    Some of you gents need some tissues. Ffs.
    This made me chuckle. Seems like a lot of the NR conversion bren owners are all up in their feelings.

To be fair, I am really confused by the comments of people here... Isn't this threadt for drop-in barrel? Because if so, you wouldn't be able to have a drop-in barrel from R to NR? Like for example, I currently own an 8" Bren 2 and I am looking to convert it to NR (the 8" is short gas like 11" and from the reviews on 11" conversion, it has been fine). This is not possible to have a drop-in barrel no?

I though it was basically for either barrel conversion or swapping between 8" and 11" for short gas, it could also swap between 16.5 and NR version since both are carbine lenght gas but that would require a reclassification each time you swap anyway?

Pardon my ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by n04x View Post
    To be fair, I am really confused by the comments of people here... Isn't this threadt for drop-in barrel? Because if so, you wouldn't be able to have a drop-in barrel from R to NR? Like for example, I currently own an 8" Bren 2 and I am looking to convert it to NR (the 8" is short gas like 11" and from the reviews on 11" conversion, it has been fine). This is not possible to have a drop-in barrel no?

I though it was basically for either barrel conversion or swapping between 8" and 11" for short gas, it could also swap between 16.5 and NR version since both are carbine lenght gas but that would require a reclassification each time you swap anyway?

Pardon my ignorance
    I’ll just share what I’m doing, for an example scenario. I have a NR Bren and a R Bren. I want to get my 11” barrel completed with the trunnion and gas block so that I’ll have another barrel, at a different length, to drop in my R classified Bren.

Don’t assume anything here.

Hey guys and gals,

++NOTICE++

DO NOT send your barrels in yet. As per usual, once we are ready for them we will post it up here. Until then we don't need a stack of random parts plugging up the safe. Anything that comes in before we ask you to send them goes into the BACK of the safe and will most likely be done by fall...maybe.

You guys know we play things like this in as fair a manner as we can so if you think you can jump the queue then you don't know us very well ( ;

As for the test firing issue it escaped me that yes, we do have 7.62 + 5.56 shop rifles that we can test the barrels on but that does not mean that the barrel will 100% work on your rifle. Why you ask ? Good question. Well, mostly because there are about as many combinations of factory parts on these rifles as there are combinations for the 6/49. And since we just cannot go out and buy one of each example we can only say that if you want to send the rifle we will guarantee 100% it works. If you just send the barrel and the gas parts (regulator, piston head, piston shaft and recoil spring) then we can most likely get it very, very close to perfect for your rifle.

It looks like the trunnions should be done Nitride by the end of the week so I will post up here once they are back and we are ready to accept barrels and parts for those of you that chose to have us install the parts.

The gas regulators, piston heads, piston shafts and springs we are making will also be done soon. The regulators we are making as blanks with the gas holes only dimpled but not drill through so we can adjust them to any barrel length and caliber that we choose. This makes it sooo much easier to have drop-on barrels tuned properly for all of the barrels we will have as drop-on kits - 7.62, 5.56 + 300 AAC.

Stand by and I will update this thread as things progress. Thank you for your patience, it is greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213