The ultimate scout rifle? Franchi Momentum All-Terrain Elite in stock now

Al Flaherty's

Supporting Dealer
Business Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
Long awaited and highly anticipated we're happy to be able to offer what might arguably be the ultimate example of the scout style rifle. Light, handy, compact, accurate and reliable what more could you ask for?

Franchi Momentum All-Terrain Elite Rifle,
Strata/Midnight Bronze

We currently have just received a shipment of these in .308 win (still waiting on the 5.56 version). The 308 version comes with a single Magpul AICS pattern magazine that holds 10 rounds. A 60 degree bolt throw and 3 locking lugs make for extremely quick follow up shots along with a secure lock up from shot to shot.

The extra long picatinny rail (21 slots!) gives you plenty of room to run the optic of your choice either in a traditional position or in a forward scout style. The 2 position sights, low profile "pistol style", or flip up "ghost ring" give you plenty of options for taking aim with the good old Mk. 1 eyeball.

The included (removable) muzzle brake, and TSA recoil pad, tame the recoil, and keep muzzle rise to a minimum, keeping on target for observation of your shot, and ready for a quick follow up shot (if required).

Weighing in at only 3kg, about 6.6 lbs (unloaded) it'll be a lightweight companion in the woods.

All this to us makes a good argument for a very good, if not the ideal package for the scout rifle concept, but is it the ultimate?

Yep, I own and have owned so many 308's and 223's over the years and they are great calibres.
They might still win the EOTW availability sweepstakes but a rifle like this in a modern chambering (6.5 Cdm or 6 ARC) would be so sweet.
In fact I have built several but all suffer from North American syndrome (they are overweight).

If Ruger made their ranch rifles with open sights and options for an extended rail, I don't see how it wouldn't completely corner the scout rifle market. Maybe they don't want to compete with themselves, ;).

If anyone knows where a guy coudl get hands on some clamp on sights (like the NoDak Spud), I would be grateful for the info.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom