Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Western Metal Inc.???

CGN Regular
    My experience with them was excellent. I would expect they’ll be happy to look after you

CGN Regular
    I've bought from them many times in the last few years. Always good to deal with.

Western Metal Alloyers · Phone
    301-4655 54 Ave Ne, Calgary AB T3J3Z4
    (403) 279-8184
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

So apparently Straight Shooters are now the new owners of the Phoenix Range in Edmonton as well. Saw lots of cases of ammo there with Western Metals last time I was there so suspect it will be the Edmonton storefront for them.
    "If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re misinformed." - Mark Twain

CSSA & CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer infidel29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jody_v View Post
    So apparently Straight Shooters are now the new owners of the Phoenix Range in Edmonton as well. Saw lots of cases of ammo there with Western Metals last time I was there so suspect it will be the Edmonton storefront for them.
    ????? Oh really?? Interesting.... Did you hear this directly from staff Jody? I'm surprised Len would sell off his business just after he put in a new million dollar HVAC system.
    Pump actions speak louder than words.

Do you remember how hard the Liberals fought to keep the registry?
    Now you know why. - Dexter Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by infidel29 View Post
    ????? Oh really?? Interesting.... Did you hear this directly from staff Jody? I'm surprised Len would sell off his business just after he put in a new million dollar HVAC system.
    Yes I did talk directly to a few people there and Kelly confirmed it. It isn’t a secret. The last few years must have been a lot of stress for Len. A million dollar renovation that shut down the range for way longer than anyone could have ever anticipated. BS government OIC that prohibited sales of 1500 different rifles, effectively killing off a lot of their sales of those guns and accessories, and finally the handgun ban and C-21. Tough when you put that much effort into expanding your business and the government squashes you with little or no regard. Bright spot hopefully for us members is that the new owners are knowledgeable in the business and any changes won’t be too dramatic.
    "If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re misinformed." - Mark Twain

CSSA & CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Garand's Avatar
    Good people to deal with, fast and efficient.
    Real soldiers are old-fashioned people who still believe in honour, and that is the most attractive thing about them. -Gwynne Dyer

Boss Spearman in Open Range : " I always liked a gun with a little heft to it".

Just orderwd a bunch of reloading supplies from them, good service, fast shipping, pretty awesome company to deal with.

Very nice range and facility, they have some great re-manufactured ammo options. Bonus: they adopted an abused German Shepherd here in Calgary, top-class people.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast