Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The new Derya TM-22 Lever Action 22lr now in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by balonbay View Post
    I figured I should chime in here a bit as well. Disclosure: I did not buy mine from VRS. I bought it from a different LGS here in the GTA.

When I received it, I mounted my red dot (conveniently, because it has a pic-rail already), and was getting it ready for the gun range the next day. When I tried the lever action (opening, closing it to see if it's smooth and working), after a few cycles, the lever shut and I couldn't open it again. Being a lever action, it was pretty much impossible to peek inside the mechanics to see what was happening or why it was like that. It was like something was locking the lever in the closed position and it wouldn't swing out.

I returned it the next day - my LGS was very kind and had no issues with a full refund. It was, after all, a brand new rifle with 0 rounds. Never got a chance to bring it to the range, didn't get a chance to fire it.
    My LGS from initial glance, said they don't understand why it was like that and they needed more time to investigate.

A little surprising and disappointing as my Derya TM22s have been absolutely flawless (and have two of them). Probably not all would have the same issue I had, or it could be mine was a lemon. But the regular TM22 is awesome.

I'm still interested in a tacticool 22LR lever; I'm considering a Rossi Bravo now.
    You’re not the first one to have it lock shut, haven’t heard of a fix yet

I bought mine in early January (from another retailer) and finally had a chance to take it to the range yesterday.

Very disappointed.

First, the lever had horrible side-to-side play, like an inch of wiggle. I fixed this by using a washer as a shim. Tested and it cycles fine.

However when I got to the range the lever wouldn't open. It was jammed shut. It has never done that before. After some time playing with it, it magically un####ed itself.

Started shooting and about 1/3 of the ammo wouldn't go bang. Took a look and the pin is barely striking the edge of the 22. Often if I pull the hammer back the second strike works but still, not impressed.

I took a quick look online and found this thread. I tried searching Rimfire Central but I didn't see anything (and I'm not on FB).

Does anyone know if there is a fix for these issues yet?

Is O'Dell who I would contact for warranty in Canada?

Not sure if this is applicable but I had a pump action henry .22 and that took almost 500 rounds to break in (light primer strikes).

Dear Derya. I hope you're well.

Please do a google search using the term "button magazine". You may find it educational.

See? Not ugly. Maybe try it?

Your pal,

Dan
    Last edited by Dark Alley Dan; 03-12-2024 at 10:55 AM.
    Grammar is like personal hygiene - you can ignore it if you like, but don't be surprised when people make assumptions about you.

Tm22

Quote Originally Posted by MerlinRPM View Post
    I bought mine in early January (from another retailer) and finally had a chance to take it to the range yesterday.

Very disappointed.

First, the lever had horrible side-to-side play, like an inch of wiggle. I fixed this by using a washer as a shim. Tested and it cycles fine.

However when I got to the range the lever wouldn't open. It was jammed shut. It has never done that before. After some time playing with it, it magically un####ed itself.

Started shooting and about 1/3 of the ammo wouldn't go bang. Took a look and the pin is barely striking the edge of the 22. Often if I pull the hammer back the second strike works but still, not impressed.

I took a quick look online and found this thread. I tried searching Rimfire Central but I didn't see anything (and I'm not on FB).

Does anyone know if there is a fix for these issues yet?

Is O'Dell who I would contact for warranty in Canada?

O'Dell is the one I contacted for my TM22.
    Their process for sorting out the problem was swift and painless.
    On their website, clinic on the Warranty form tab, put in the details, should get an email in a day or 2.
    They sent me an email with Canada Post prepaid document to send it off, firearm came back a week later.

https://odellengineeringltd.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wanwan View Post
    O'Dell is the one I contacted for my TM22.
    Their process for sorting out the problem was swift and painless.
    On their website, clinic on the Warranty form tab, put in the details, should get an email in a day or 2.
    They sent me an email with Canada Post prepaid document to send it off, firearm came back a week later.

https://odellengineeringltd.com/
    Awesome thanks!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234