Thread: PAL Verification gone wrong?

PAL Verification gone wrong?

Not exactly a newbie question, however it's a topic I think maybe a few others have come into contact with.

I was verifying a potential buyers PAL today and at first, their email that was provided, wasn't the one attached to his license. Not a big deal at all, it happens, right? However, after correcting that issue, another issue came astray.... I punched in the info given and I was not able to generate a transfer reference number? I called in for further details as the prompted message offered me, as I was curious to know why? Bug in the system, ect ect.

I was told that the potential buyer had to call in to straighten out whatever the issue was.....

This ever happen to anyone else?

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironballsmahoney View Post
    Not exactly a newbie question, however it's a topic I think maybe a few others have come into contact with.

I was verifying a potential buyers PAL today and at first, their email that was provided, wasn't the one attached to his license. Not a big deal at all, it happens, right? However, after correcting that issue, another issue came astray.... I punched in the info given and I was not able to generate a transfer reference number? I called in for further details as the prompted message offered me, as I was curious to know why? Bug in the system, ect ect.

I was told that the potential buyer had to call in to straighten out whatever the issue was.....

This ever happen to anyone else?
    Double-check that all the information you entered is accurate, including the buyer's PAL number, name, and date of birth. Any typos or discrepancies can prevent the system from generating the reference number.

Could be that they don’t have the buyers info (email and phone number) on file yet.
    May 1st 2020, clear proof;
    Registration leads to confiscation!

Yes. Some accounts are just messed up. You will have to call them now. I had a buyer who had this issue 3 times in a row before buying from me (he told me beforehand it'd happen )and probably still does.
    Check my post history to see my BRNO Mo. 3 Redux, and a 3D printed M1 Chassis for the Lil' Badger.
    https://julius-jahn.imgbb.com/

Super GunNutz
    I've encountered this a few times. CFP guy I spoke to months ago said it was some sort of "glitch" that's fairly common with no rhyme or reason and they were working on a resolution. So, knowing how fast they work, might see a fix by the next election at best?
    "Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm."

BANNED
    Mine was all screwed for a few months I had to call about 60 times with no answers then 1 day poof was working again.

So it gives you a reference number that's good for 90 days, but they don't actually know if you went ahead and sold the rifle to that person? **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

Quote Originally Posted by suckerorchid View Post
    So it gives you a reference number that's good for 90 days, but they don't actually know if you went ahead and sold the rifle to that person? little runmo
    That's correct. On another site, I had a fella that was going to buy an SKS from me, I got his info, got the reference number, he EMTed me the money and then I guess his wife found out about his purchase when she saw the EMT sent out of the account and flipped out on him, and I don't need to be a sleuth to know he didn't consult her - he was traumatized at her reaction and sheepishly asked if I could refund his money minus a small amount for my inconvenience. For the sake of his marriage I refunded back ALL of his money. There wasn't any way to reverse the reference number so it stayed in our accounts until it expired 90 days later. I suppose is someone reviewed my account it would appear as if I sold a firearm to someone, but in actuality there wasn't a completed transaction.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

BANNED
    I belief it is just a random glitch here and there... I've encounter that before also.

The system may be unable to generate the reference number if there are any mistakes or inconsistencies. So,must check the identification number carefully
    **Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**