Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Tactical Available In Canada?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Plinkingaway View Post
    You are correct, sir. For some reason it didn’t bring it up for me until I took out the manufacturer’s name.
    It does say that there’s a 120 day lead time, as well as a 3-4 week availability time. I’m not sure which to believe. Does anyone have experience with Canadian Safety Source?
    I have ordered from them before, but only stuff that was in stock. No problems. Otherwise they have to order it in, and that is the lead time, which no one can control, especially when crossing the border into Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyy View Post
    Yes, as long as it's 26" overall length when folded.
    likely with the 18.5" barrel, not the 16"

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by wallz View Post
    I have ordered from them before, but only stuff that was in stock. No problems. Otherwise they have to order it in, and that is the lead time, which no one can control, especially when crossing the border into Canada.
    Fair enough. Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Greenhorse six's Avatar
    Alberta,using the first rule of how not to be seen.
    Is it ,A team or Eh team ?
    Never Pet A Burning Dog.
    I have a serious phobia of being alone.
    I take solace in military tactics because they emphasize teamwork and working with others.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    "I love it when a plan comes together"

Hannibal Smith.

Depending on how deep your pockets are, you can still get a similar result with a folding stock chassis for the 10/22, or purchase a chassis with a buffer tube stock option, then put a law tactical or matador arms folding stock on it yourself.
    At that setup you'll be over the cost of a 10/22 into the chassis alone, so may just be better to build a TUFF/Fletcher/SBI receiver, build everything the way you want and then buy the barrel last to make sure the OAL is over 26" with the folded stock.

Rough estimates would put you needed a 18" barrel minimum, to meet 26" as the ruger charge pistol is 19.25" with a 10" barrel

Other alternative is to do a SBR build with a full length stock, a Magpul x22 Hunter will allow you to run a 12" barrel and still be NR

I have one. Canadian Safety Source sells those stocks. They are slow as all hell though ... be prepared to wait 3-6 months to get one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Thanx Silentexpanse.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Somewhere in the middle and a little south
    Quote Originally Posted by Plinkingaway View Post
    I wasn’t able to find anyone selling it in Canada, but IRG might be able to import one.
    The RUGER site shows this a a MGE WHOLESALE EXCLUSIVE. They are a dealer in Indiana, you might have your best chance through IRG.
    CSSA Life Member, Proud CFA Member, Proud CFFR Member, Member of BRRC, SASS # 112759, IPSC # 404, P.P.C. Competitor

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast