Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for a mauser

Question for a mauser

Kinda new , but old....
    Can someone point me in the direction of how i can find the value of my mauser? Im looking to sell / trade for a 12ga and dont really know how much its worth. I have pics, no idea how to load them.
    Thanks

There are many Mausers.

What is it?

Swedish?

German?

Yugo?

Chinese?

Spanish?

German made for Argentina, Chile, Venzuela or Brazil?

Any of these?

FN Model 24 and Model 30
    Mauser M 98
    Mauser Model 1871
    Mauser Model 1889
    Mauser Model 1893
    Mauser Model 1895
    Mauser Model 1902
    Mauser Model 1903
    Mauser Model 1904
    Mauser Model 1908
    Mauser Model 1910
    Mauser Standardmodell
    Mauser Tankgewehr M1918
    Mauser-Koka
    Mexican Mauser Model 1936
    Last edited by MD; 12-30-2023 at 04:32 PM.
    Weller soldering gun
    Hot glue gun
    Powershot forward action staple and nail gun
    Super Soaker

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepsandbikes View Post
    Kinda new , but old....
    Can someone point me in the direction of how i can find the value of my mauser? Im looking to sell / trade for a 12ga and dont really know how much its worth. I have pics, no idea how to load them.
    Thanks
    There is no "price list" - it is "worth" what you can find a buyer to pay for it, that you will accept. This CGN website generally has pretty knowledgeable people, and potential buyers - but mostly you need to post some decent pictures of it - to be identified - and then something about condition - in the bore, bolt face, etc. - the pictures will typically show exterior condition of the metal and wood. Some of us would be fussy about matching numbers and markings - other might not care about that. It is what it is - it might be a $200 piece or it might be a $20,000 piece.

To put in perspective - some of us have hundreds of dollars worth of reference books about Mausers, or Enfields, or Lee Enfields, and some have thousands of dollars worth of similar, plus more than 30 or 40 years experience buying and selling the things. For example - look up on eBay or elsewhere to find one book - "Small Arms of the Anglo-Boer War 1899-1902" - by Ron Bestor - that one, depending on edition, might cost more than many Mauser rifles sell for. Or, the four volume set called "Carvings from the Veldt" by David C. George. Or, "Mauser Military Rifles of the World" - I have the 5th Edition - by Robert Ball.

As an example about how wonky things can get, an acquaintance was telling me about the "Mauser" that he got from his Grandfather - but it was chambered in 30-06 - it was a Model of 1917 Enfield rifle - mostly all "stolen" ideas from Mauser, but was made in USA during WWI - not a "Mauser", at all.
    Last edited by Potashminer; 12-30-2023 at 05:17 PM.
    The DEVIL caught me with my head down, and thought he had won - until I said "AMEN"!

BANNED
    Kinda new , but old....
    Thanks
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    There are many Mausers.

What is it?

Swedish?

German?

Yugo?

Chinese?

Spanish?

German made for Argentina, Chile, Venzuela or Brazil?

Any of these?

FN Model 24 and Model 30
    Mauser M 98
    Mauser Model 1871
    Mauser Model 1889
    Mauser Model 1893
    Mauser Model 1895
    Mauser Model 1902
    Mauser Model 1903
    Mauser Model 1904
    Mauser Model 1908
    Mauser Model 1910
    Mauser Standardmodell
    Mauser Tankgewehr M1918
    Mauser-Koka
    Mexican Mauser Model 1936
    Spanish FR7

Uber Super GunNutz
    What it is - you can likely look up on Google or similar to read that Spanish FR7 were conversions of earlier Spanish Model 1916, some of which were conversions themselves from 1893 Models. So it should be a Small Ring Mauser - without the third safety lug on the bolt and similar gas handling issues as most other Small Ring Mausers. I believe they were made up when Spain was in process to convert their Forces to use a semi-auto in 7.62 NATO, but the design and execution of function for their CETME semi's was not initially going too well.

What it is worth - will vary with the potential buyer and condition, condition, condition - a rusted out bore versus a pristine bore? A clean, well head-spaced bolt or a bolt face severely cut up with primer gas leaks? A stock that has been replaced or an "original" one? Anything "customized" on it, or all original? There is simply not enough information given to come up with a realistic price for it.

By the way - various posters on Internet are not kidding - an original stock that has been sanded down to "look better", might cut the value in half - even if the sanding job was done 30 or 40 years ago by a previous owner. There are several examples of that here - various cartouche and stampings that were originally in the wood stock are now gone - because they were not noticed or understood what they meant or did not care about that.
    Last edited by Potashminer; 12-30-2023 at 05:49 PM.
    The DEVIL caught me with my head down, and thought he had won - until I said "AMEN"!

i have pics, just dont know how to load them

i have pics, just dont know how to load them
    Being new the site won’t allow you to post them until you have been here awhile. You can buy a team membership which will let you post directly from computer or phone. Lowest option is about $30.
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

Super Moderator
    Go to the Greeting and Introduction home page. There are two stickies explaining photo posting.
    As Snider shooter has pointed out, buying a team membership is perhaps the best way. Then you can post photos direct from your computer without using an intermediate photo hosting service.
    Really useful when advertising in the EE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast