17 WSM Winchester Rimfire Back in Stock

your best bet is prophet river waiting list, just shoot them an email. They are the best when it comes to that, was on the list, got my desired amount of ammo when it came in.

hard to get ammo is why i sold mine,got tired of sneaking a couple box from the US once in a while,it's hard to find even there,so started with the 22 Hornet,better round,and i can reload cheaper than buying 17WSM,even 17 Hornet is easier and better,

^except you have to save brass. Nothing more freeing than drilling gophers at 250 yards, ejecting the brass and onto the next gopher. Even with the inflated prices it's not all that much more expensive to shoot than the 22 hornet and can be more enjoyable.

^except you have to save brass. Nothing more freeing than drilling gophers at 250 yards, ejecting the brass and onto the next gopher. Even with the inflated prices it's not all that much more expensive to shoot than the 22 hornet and can be more enjoyable.

We set up portable benches, shoot for an hour or two, and then relocate. I shoot a single shot 17hornet, and it is no handicap at all for this type of shooting.

There was a point when there were piles of it everywhere from my LGS to Cabelas for dirt cheap, less than .22WMR at the time. They had trouble moving it apparently. Now I want a WSM and the ammo costs enough I am looking at a .223 bolt gun instead... Hindsight is a ##### sometimes.

^I get it and I love the hornet too, but I also love the freedom of eject and forget.

I no longer shoot and forget, I try to pick up all my spent brass. This includes all the rimfire cartridges we shoot.

Obviously we pick up all the centerfire brass for reloading. It has taking two years to fill a five gallon pale with rimfire brass. Once we have 2-3 full pales of brass, I’ll take it to the metal recycling place for cash. I don’t know how much one gets per pound of brass, but I know of a couple of guys that bought new rimfire rifles with the proceeds from brass recycling.

Maybe someone in the know can let us all in on what brass sells for per pound at the recycle metal shops.

I also like to leave an area cleaner than I found it in, we get lots of call backs from farmers who allow us to shoot gophers. They like the fact we leave nothing behind that shows we were there….:)

Back
Top Bottom