Olight PL-3 Valkyrie Rail Mount Light

sparky

Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
I know the Olight PL-3 Valkyrie Rail Mount Light is intended for pistols.

However, would it mount on the front handguard rail of a standard Ruger PC Carbine?

Also, does this unit come with two batteries or do they need to be purchased separately?

One more: Will this mount on a Recover 1911 CC3 grip?

Cheers.

I know the Olight PL-3 Valkyrie Rail Mount Light is intended for pistols.

However, would it mount on the front handguard rail of a standard Ruger PC Carbine?
Yes, it will mount on any standard pic rail.

Also, does this unit come with two batteries or do they need to be purchased separately?
Comes with 2 batteries, I generally recommend Streamlight or Surefire CR123A.

One more: Will this mount on a Recover 1911 CC3 grip?
Probably, but unable to confirm for sure..

Cheers.

I would also consider the PL Turbo.

FYI:

The Olight PL-3 Valkyrie Rail Mount Light definitely mounts on the rails of the Ruger PC Carbine, Mossberg Maverick O/U, and the 1911 Recover CC3 Grip.

Please note that on the Ruger forestock rail, the back of the light is pretty much against the front sling stud. However, it operates very easily. It also mounts on the upper rail if that turns your crank, but forget using your sights.

The light also operates easily on the 1911.

The Mossy? It's okay, but I imagine that if one wants a light on a break-action shotty, rapid "tactical" actions are generally not an issue. As with the Ruger, the light mounts on the upper rail.

I am very happy with the lights and the freebies with the order were awesome. I may just get another one, but hope the gunmetal grey is available.

I would have posted pics here, but forgot how much of a pain it is. I did post these same comments in my reviews on the Olight website and uploaded the pics there.

Last edited:
FYI:

The Olight PL-3 Valkyrie Rail Mount Light definitely mounts on the rails of the Ruger PC Carbine, Mossberg Maverick O/U, and the 1911 Recover CC3 Grip.

Please note that on the Ruger forestock rail, the back of the light is pretty much against the front sling stud. However, it operates very easily. It also mounts on the upper rail if that turns your crank, but forget using your sights.

The light also operates easily on the 1911.

The Mossy? It's okay, but I imagine that if one wants a light on a break-action shotty, rapid "tactical" actions are generally not an issue. As with the Ruger, the light mounts on the upper rail.

I am very happy with the lights and the freebies with the order were awesome. I may just get another one, but hope the gunmetal grey is available.

I would have posted pics here, but forgot how much of a pain it is. I did post these same comments in my reviews on the Olight website and uploaded the pics there.

Thanks for your honest feedback! That may help more people to make decisions.

Unfortunately, the Gunmetal Grey has no plans to return to the website. I will notify you if anything changes.

Back
Top Bottom