Whats next for the T81 in 2024

Rifle-ized LMG (no bipod or carry handle, rifle/folding stock, slightly thinner 18.6in barrel)
Prototypes of this was shown at the Zhuhai airship a few years ago.

1633046175222.jpg

I just want to go shopping in the US and bring everything in. Then I want TI to bring in a kit of a type 81 where I can change easily to any caliber and any look for under $500.

I mean there's not much to add but these couldn't hurt
Stock-factory T81 with Quad rails as used in the chinese police
5.56x45mm T81
Rifle-ized LMG (no bipod or carry handle, rifle/folding stock, slightly thinner 18.6in barrel)

Rifleized LMG actually would be pretty awesome and makes lots of sense, imagine this baby
6wxg7t.png
At that point it’s just a rifle with an lmg front sight, if you just want a longer sight radius remove your launcher shroud and relocate the front sight out front, the barrel od is the same near the muzzle, have to re pin it afterwords.

Last edited:
because those are prohib, a type81 chambered in 54r would be a good alternative...? that thing is basically an AK right?

No. You're thinking of the Romanian PSL which are literally just scaled up version of a AKM to take 7.62x54R similar to the Zastava M76 & the newer M91. The NDM-86 is just a the export version of the Chinese Type 79/85 which are nearly 1-to-1 copies of early versions of the SVD except slightly different dimensions. Poland & Iraq also make proper SVD clones.

The SVD is prohibited as they classified it as an AK variant when none of the parts are interchangeable & the SVD has a short stroke piston. The only similarities they have are its dust cover, iron sights & the lever safety selector & the rest of similarities are purely cosmetic. It's a real shame too because China probably has stockpiles of them as they supposedly replaced their Type 79/85 with the CS/LR19 & NSG-85 just like how Russia announced that they're finally replacing them with the SVCh (which is one of the coolest rifles I've seen).

Back
Top Bottom