Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Credit Cards with no foreign exchange transaction fees

Canadian Credit Cards with no foreign exchange transaction fees

Canadian credit cards with no foreign exchange transaction fees is the best way to do cross border shopping.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1549
Size:  33.0 KB
    Please click picture for link to site

The IRUNGUNS Team

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ruger007's Avatar
    I can vouch for the Scotiabank Passport card. We easily save the annual fee with the NoFX fees.
    You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

Hmmm they don't have the amazon.ca credit card. That is another free option.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    I have a Wealthsimple Cash card. It’s prepaid so good for using online as a burner card in general if you’re super paranoid about security. 1% cash back, and it has a virtual number for online purchases. Might get the Scotia Passport VI in the future if I get a bank account with them again and get the fee waiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz4me View Post
    That’s because it has a forex fee. The old one didn’t but the current one does. You get 1% back so it’s essentially a 1.5% forex fee instead of 2.5% but it still has the fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz4me View Post
    I thought they phased out the no fee amazon.ca Visa. Mine was cancelled by the issuer. I went with a hometrust USD Visa instead

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    We have the Roger's World Elite. When we got it there was an annual fee, but it was waived if you autopay your Roger's phone bill with it. That site says its a no fee card now, so maybe that has changed - I know they changed a lot of things a few years ago.

The whole reason we got this card was its high cash back on USD purchases, more than covers the forex fees.

Also the 80k a year thing is not actually a requirement, at least not if you start with their lower tier card and get upgraded via use. We don't make $80k a year.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

If y'all are good using a visa debit, check out WISE. Their exchange rates are good and you can hold other currencies as well. I have WISE linked to my bank account, so it costs $0 to send money to my WISE account only when I need it. They also let you create virtual visa cards that you can freeze on command.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik123 View Post
    I thought they phased out the no fee amazon.ca Visa. Mine was cancelled by the issuer. I went with a hometrust USD Visa instead
    I did the same. Looks like Amazon.ca has a new Mastercard that refunds the 2.5% forex.
    “I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.”
    ― Richard Feynman

I have a TD USD credit card. No fees and if you watch the exchange you can buy USD when our dollar is favourable and save on credit card exchange.

Brim also offers a free Mastercard with no transaction fees. I used hometrust before them and wasn’t a huge fan but both are good options

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast