Thread: 2nd Post: Best 280ai rifle for newbie?

2nd Post: Best 280ai rifle for newbie?

Looking at purchasing a 280ai caliber rifle for my first hunting rifle (deer, elk, moose).

What are the recommendations or any link to the best thread for this info?

Thanks!
    Cheers,

King
    <2>

Good day
    Getting the gun is the easy part. Start calling around to your local stores and see what is available for factory rounds, or components if you are reloading. Of what is available, does it meet your requirements for target shooting or hunting? Price of ammo is also a factor.
    I found it helpful to search for 280ai pet loads. This is typically for handloads but many posters do talk about the rifles they use, and some brands are more frequent quoted than others.
    This should help you in your choices.
    Best of luck!

For a first hunting rifle I would get something that has ammunition that is commonly available on store shelves. 280 AI i haven’t seen on any shelves. Around here it would be a reload only proposition due to no factory ammunition. You don’t say what type of rifle , bolt ,semi or lever.
    Smokeless powder is just a passing fad. #1 gun rule,carry one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    280ai is cool, but 270win is probably better first gun unless you've already got reloading gear or know someone who's willing to let you use theirs. A 270win is extremely close ballistically, enough so that game won't know the difference and finding rifles and ammo should be much easier.

Also budget is an important factor to be able to recommend rifles.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.