Need heavy duty one piece mounts or rings.

100y

Regular
Rating - 100%
15   0   1
Looking at buying 2 sets of heavy duty one piece mount or rings for high recoil rifles.
Looking at suggestions, no Nighforce please.
34 mm - 0moa.
9.3x64, German rifle.
376 Steyr, Steyr rifle.
Picatinny rails SS with recoil lugs.

Last edited:
Is this really the place for Q&A? But the answer is Spuhr, or ATRS's clone of Spuhr one piece mount.

There’s no real tabs of open space for questions on mounts and rings, so asking Go Big Tactical. Thanks for any suggestions anyway because I’m kind of on a very short time notice with a defective set of rings. I need a solution quick.

"heavy duty one piece mount" - you do not mention which rifle nor which cartridge - some on here think a 9.3x62 or 338 Win Mag is a high recoil thing - others think 458 Win Mag is okay. I notice that all bases have to attach to the rifle somehow - most like Winchester use #6-48 tpi screws; some like Remington use larger #8-40 tpi screws - some use a clamp to hold in place against a recoil abutment - and no screws through the base into the receiver. So, which rifle makes a difference - not all will be the same. I notice some one piece bases use three holes to mount and some use four holes - that will make difference what might be "heavy duty" for you. Similar with rings - I see some use two cap screws, some use four cap screws and some use six cap screws per ring - that might or might not make a difference to you?

Last edited:
Another vote for NEAR mounts. Very classy and more mount than you’ll ever need.
I’ve owned spuhr as well. They are very tough and somewhat modular, but are blocky and utilitarian. Depends on the look you’re after.
Cadex and mdt are also decent and realistically are probably more than enough for anyone in the castrated Canadian market…

Back
Top Bottom