Thread: Icon colour beside thread.

Icon colour beside thread.

All this time and I still don't know what the different icons/colours of icons mean beside posts. Specifically in the EE...

Anyone?!?!?

Found a couple of threads of people asking this and they all have no responses haha

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Like the orange/blue/gray? And some of them look like unopened envelopes, while others look like envelopes with pages coming out of them?

Yeah I have NO friggin idea. Never even noticed that the icons themselves were different until today.

Edit: Looks like if you open a thread and view the last post, the little pages go away on the icon. Still dunno about color.
    Last edited by Scotty454; 01-31-2024 at 12:14 PM.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Ohhhhh looks like maybe the pages coming out of the envelopes might mean there are images? At least it seems that way in the Equipment Exchange.

Still no idea about the different colours. haha

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
    Ohhhhh looks like maybe the pages coming out of the envelopes might mean there are images? At least it seems that way in the Equipment Exchange.

Still no idea about the different colours. haha
    Nah, images are attachments, and attachments are indicated by the little paperclip to the right of the thread topic.

Also, the little green arrow means you've replied to the thread. Bold text means there's new replies since you've viewed the thread last.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Red envelope means it's a popular topic/thread. Lots of views and/or replies.

Blue caption bubble means new posts, grey caption bubble means no new posts.
    Last edited by Keller; 01-31-2024 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Nah, images are attachments, and attachments are indicated by the little paperclip to the right of the thread topic.

Also, the little green arrow means you've replied to the thread. Bold text means there's new replies since you've viewed the thread last.
    I thought so too, but cruising through the exchange pages, there's some without the paperclip, that do have photos...

Who knows haha

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
    I thought so too, but cruising through the exchange pages, there's some without the paperclip, that do have photos...

Who knows haha
    Paperclip is for attached photos only, which you need a membership to do. So if they're being linked from offsite like IMGUR there won't be the paperclip.

Everything else I have no idea. Lol

Edit - it looks like blue vs orange is based on views, the line is something like 150, I see examples at 145 as blue and 169 as orange.

And the green arrow means you've posted in that thread.

Open envelope w/papers sticking out means new posts you haven't seen I think.
    Last edited by Suther; 01-31-2024 at 03:44 PM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Cool, I was just wondering about the colour thing the other day as well!
    Arte et Marte