Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger/Marlin Stainless Laminate 30-30 SBL and Trapper Models

Once they hit Canada, the scalpers will buy them all up and try to rip off those of us who really want one for ourselves..... I have never seen a real ruger marlin in a store yet. If any store offers a pre order on a trapper ss 44 mag, I'm in.

those are sexy, but i'm holding out for the new dark series. any date on those by chance?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brownthunder View Post
    those are sexy, but i'm holding out for the new dark series. any date on those by chance?
    Asked a dealer and told not likely until 2025

Quote Originally Posted by TysonIsaac View Post
    Wish it was in .44 instead of 30-30. Haven't heard good things about the new Ruger built 336. Ejection problems and poor POI with factory sights.
    On the bright side I have heard only good things about the Ruger Built SBL line of 45-70s.
    I have the 45-70, got it when 1st came out @ $1699, think they are even more now, but yeah its an amazing rifle not sure about the 336. I too wish they put one out in .44 They have a blued one out now in Canada in 20" that get snatched up pretty quick but would sure prefer a match to my SBL. The Remlin SBL's are hitting $2500 to $3000 right now if used or still new, apparently there are suckers out there willing to pay that for a Remlin. We can thank the idiot in Ottawa, the US manufacturers have no interest in large imports to us anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin58 View Post
    I have the 45-70, got it when 1st came out @ $1699, think they are even more now, but yeah its an amazing rifle not sure about the 336. I too wish they put one out in .44 They have a blued one out now in Canada in 20" that get snatched up pretty quick but would sure prefer a match to my SBL. The Remlin SBL's are hitting $2500 to $3000 right now if used or still new, apparently there are suckers out there willing to pay that for a Remlin. We can thank the idiot in Ottawa, the US manufacturers have no interest in large imports to us anymore.

Amen brother!…..
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

CGN Regular
    The stainless 336 trapper would be awesome but 2k is so much money. I remember the stainless gsr was like 1200 when it first came out now 1900 bucks. Inflation has been absolutely ludicrous.
    YEA BABY!

Bring back a straight stock!
    Hi, my name is Mark and I'm a gun-whore.

I shudder to think what price Savage would charge if they brought back the 99.

Quote Originally Posted by elKrusto View Post
    Once they hit Canada, the scalpers will buy them all up and try to rip off those of us who really want one for ourselves..... I have never seen a real ruger marlin in a store yet. If any store offers a pre order on a trapper ss 44 mag, I'm in.
    this^^^

Quote Originally Posted by EthanW View Post
    Asked a dealer and told not likely until 2025
    fml, well thats bad news. by 2025 guns will be illegal and crickets will be mandatory.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast