New Ruger/Marlin Stainless Laminate 30-30 SBL and Trapper Models

those are ###y, but i'm holding out for the new dark series. any date on those by chance?

Was looking on Ruger's web page at the dark 45-70 and planned 30-30, 44 mag. The later two are slated for mid 2024 production, so 2025 before we see one in Canada is about right.

Still nothing on their site about the Supreme. That is one I want a closer look at, and the 44 dark.

The stainless 336 trapper would be awesome but 2k is so much money. I remember the stainless gsr was like 1200 when it first came out now 1900 bucks. Inflation has been absolutely ludicrous.

Inflation is out of control, no question, thank a Liberal......:(

In saying that, these guns are absolutely beautiful. I'm hoping for a 45 Colt and 41 magnum, I know these calibers are a few years out, but they will come eventually......:)

Waiting with keen anticipation for a stainless laminate 1895 in 444 Marlin. A trapper length 16.25" barrel would be an awesome thing.

I'm not sure why more trapper length barrel models are not available? They seem to be in great demand and are snapped up when available!.......:)

When i got tired of waiting for my 1895 sbl, i imported one from the states.

It was easy, relatively quick, and in the end cost me about $400 extra.

I give all the details in this thread
https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2387768-Importing-a-Marlin-1895-SBL

I'm not the kind of guy who has $400 extra sitting around. $400 is a major expense for me. But every time i shoot my marlin i feel like it was fully worth it. I don't miss that money in the slightest.

When i got tired of waiting for my 1895 sbl, i imported one from the states.

It was easy, relatively quick, and in the end cost me about $400 extra.

I give all the details in this thread
https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/2387768-Importing-a-Marlin-1895-SBL

I'm not the kind of guy who has $400 extra sitting around. $400 is a major expense for me. But every time i shoot my marlin i feel like it was fully worth it. I don't miss that money in the slightest.

Thanks for the link Callee on your journey to get your 1895 SBL, a gorgeous rifle indeed!

I wonder if IRG's would have been less money? Nowadays, who knows?

A great story, I like your wife already, mine is very similar, an anniversary gun is very cool..........:)

2k plus tax for a 30/30 with a cross bolt safty, u can keep em at that price..i thought Chiappa's were steep but there cheeper and no cross bolt safty, hell they got no safty at all the way a lever was ment to be built.

They literally had ONE JOB! Get rid of the cross bolt safety. The price might have almost been justifiable if they had done that.

While i agree that getting rid of the cross bolt safety would be a huge plus, I ended up with 2 Remlin's and both were sub-par to put it mildly. IMHO, they had a lot more on their plate than just one job.

They literally had ONE JOB! Get rid of the cross bolt safety. The price might have almost been justifiable if they had done that.

Although I agree with you, those annoying safeties are for stupid people, one cannot fix stupid and it is rampant these days......:(

2k plus tax for a 30/30 with a cross bolt safty, u can keep em at that price..i thought Chiappa's were steep but there cheeper and no cross bolt safty, hell they got no safty at all the way a lever was ment to be built.

They are expensive, no doubt, too expensive in fact, but that's what they cost these days. Whether any of us like it.

Butter is $9.00 per pound, Cob's sourdough is $6.00 per loaf, two quarts of milk is $6.00 in Cranbrook. Gasoline is $10.00 per gallon. Are these numbers fair? Nope!

Thank a slimy Liberal! Or thank a corrupt dipper named Singh.

Thank the liberal gunowners on Gunnutz who voted Liberal. There is plenty of them, you know who you are!.......:(

Don't blame Ruger/Marlin, should they build guns for nothing?

Last edited:
Ruger/Marlin builds a beautiful rifle. No not every gun is perfect, nor is some rifles without some warranty concerns.

All the ones I have seen or sold, were perfect with no issues. It's the most sought after rifle in North America right now......:)

Chiappa is a bad rifle to use for comparison. Chiappa has the highest warranty issues of any guns being made. Some are nice yes, but a lot of warranty issues. I sell both Chiappa and Ruger/Marlin rifles. No warranty issues with Marlin, plenty with Chiappa.

I'm not saying all Chiappa guns are bad, I'm saying there is no comparison to a Ruger/Marlin well built lever gun.

Well I have the new 45-70 SBL and it is better than expected for sure , so sweet and so accurate sub MOA @ 100 yards with Federal Hammer down 300 gr and hornady 325 gr what a rifle it is !!.. I put on Leupolds VX 3HD 2.5 - 8 X 36 CDS-ZL scope with Q rings and man what a set up it is.. now started to reload these rounds so time will tell as to how much a round will come in at... the new 30-30 sbl looks to be just as good you won't be disappointed for sure ..

Well I have the new 45-70 SBL and it is better than expected for sure , so sweet and so accurate sub MOA @ 100 yards with Federal Hammer down 300 gr and hornady 325 gr what a rifle it is !!.. I put on Leupolds VX 3HD 2.5 - 8 X 36 CDS-ZL scope with Q rings and man what a set up it is.. now started to reload these rounds so time will tell as to how much a round will come in at... the new 30-30 sbl looks to be just as good you won't be disappointed for sure ..

Congratulations on your sweet 1895 SBL in 45-70. They are indeed a beautiful rifle!......:)

Congratulations on your 1895 SBL in 45-70, they are gorgeous rifles indeed!......:)

While i agree that getting rid of the cross bolt safety would be a huge plus, I ended up with 2 Remlin's and both were sub-par to put it mildly. IMHO, they had a lot more on their plate than just one job.

I must agree the remlin levers I worked felt like a action full of gravel. I meant Ruger had one job now that it's in their hands.

Back
Top Bottom