M+M M10X-M 7.62x39 18.6" Fixed Lage Stock Black Non-Restricted

Guys these are not Gen 3's aka Plus. These look to be Gen 2 with some gen 3 upgrades. The gen 3/plus has the following:

16in Cold hammer chrome lined barrel
Machined receiver
Improved bolt/ejector/extractor
Improved gas valve/piston/recoil spring
New handgaurd design

Copied straight from their FB... also, according to their FB posts NS hasn't even put an order in to import the gen 3/plus!!! Seems the ball is in the importers court (NS) right now. But I assume the dealers are trying to offload their old stock before they import because who would buy a Gen 2 over a Gen 3? Our market is tiny tho so who knows, could take a while... It would be nice if NS was more transparent with us because I doubt I'm not the only one patiently waiting on a NR Plus :D

I've shot gen 1 and gen 2 versions from both friends and strangers (conservatively 6 of them, but definitely less than 10). Some people admit its a nice looking gun (I think so too) that doesn't run. Others swear they've got the good one. Some say everyone on the internet simply don't know how to adjust the gas settings properly. No matter what any of the owners say, I've never made it through a single mag.

Maybe when the gen 9 comes out they'll finally have a working one. If they can make it work I want it. But I bet they go bankrupt first. I hope someone who can actually build a working gun buys the patent rights.

Maybe North Sylva will be selling these mutts at a discount.... or not (selling many)?

At the very least a demo out of the box, on the range with 500 rounds fired would easily address reliability concerns.

Looks like the new model is around $2k USD

Maybe North Sylva will be selling these mutts at a discount.... or not (selling many)?

At the very least a demo out of the box, on the range with 500 rounds fired would easily address reliability concerns.

Looks like the new model is around $2k USD

3k for us then. Might have to just pass on those too now

Good Rifle to practice malfunctions. If you wanna be optimistic
I did buy an "Improved Bolt" but haven't tried it yet. I can't tell if it's tightly pinned mags or just the bolt binding somewhere but it does not feed and lots of stove pipes for me. This was the shorthand guard version. Not sure what Gen that is.
The thoughts you have afterward of what you could've spent 2 grand plus on anything else is grueling. I'll give it points for being somewhat accurate though.

Trust me, my CZ 858 is clean and lubed, ready to go. The rusting comment was a joke, as it is just sitting in the safe. No CZ 858 have been hurt!

Imagine, it would literally be a disaster for the retailers if those CZ and VZ would be allowed to go free.

Guys these are not Gen 3's aka Plus. These look to be Gen 2 with some gen 3 upgrades. The gen 3/plus has the following:

16in Cold hammer chrome lined barrel
Machined receiver
Improved bolt/ejector/extractor
Improved gas valve/piston/recoil spring
New handgaurd design

Copied straight from their FB... also, according to their FB posts NS hasn't even put an order in to import the gen 3/plus!!! Seems the ball is in the importers court (NS) right now. But I assume the dealers are trying to offload their old stock before they import because who would buy a Gen 2 over a Gen 3? Our market is tiny tho so who knows, could take a while... It would be nice if NS was more transparent with us because I doubt I'm not the only one patiently waiting on a NR Plus :D

Not wholly Incorrect but..
Our Gen 3 versions do not have the chrome hammer forged barrel due to export issues m+m are having. They can’t make the 18.6 and 12.5 in that, yet.. they said they might
The rest is correct

They make an “M” series and a “plus” series
Both are “gen 3”

Now, they also said any new rifles they send out will have all the gen 3 internal upgrades also
Even if yours doesn’t have the lighter weight handguard and chrome barrel (making it an m series)

Seen here
https://youtu.be/djyHz8Tuz0s?si=lo4Z-ZAVDaWqVmDE

Last edited:
Well thanks for the info... so basically this one is missing CHF CL barrel and the new handguard. Not a huge issue because neither of those effect the funtion of the rifle, but not having a chrome lined barrel sucks cus the only affordable ammo is corrosive chinese bulk. Interestingly this new one is a bit cheaper than gen 2. Also, how does the take down work with this new stock, stock has to come off?

Well thanks for the info... so basically this one is missing CHF CL barrel and the new handguard. Not a huge issue because neither of those effect the funtion of the rifle, but not having a chrome lined barrel sucks cus the only affordable ammo is corrosive chinese bulk. Interestingly this new one is a bit cheaper than gen 2. Also, how does the take down work with this new stock, stock has to come off?

Can’t tell you how the stock works unfortunately
But I can say that corrosive is a way blown up issue
Just run hot water over the piston and bolt
Through it all

And spray some clp

Done dinner

You can always buy the upgrade kit from Calgary Shooting centre at an affordable $739 ++. Without the hand guard of course. Actually an excellent strategy, sell ####ed up guns and then the upgrade kit to make them work what they should do to begin with, lol. What a joke.

My experience with the M10x z short handgaurd (Gen 2):

Tons of FTFS, FTEs, shells jammed in the barrell

what I have done to fix this:

Improved m10x trigger spring
Clean and oil rilfe
Try different mags

The rifle looks great but has major problems in terms of actually functioning. These rifles are VERY hit or miss.

You can always buy the upgrade kit from Calgary Shooting centre at an affordable $739 ++. Without the hand guard of course. Actually an excellent strategy, sell ####ed up guns and then the upgrade kit to make them work what they should do to begin with, lol. What a joke.

Any more information out there on this kit?

There is hardly any info on the site. Will it fit the 12.5?

Back
Top Bottom