Thread: New 80% Project ? Whadda Y'all Think ?

New 80% Project ? Whadda Y'all Think ?

Just about to deactivate one of the ill fated Tavor MSWs that came into Canada by accident and thought I would investigate this bad boy a bit more since they are fairly foreign to me. This it turns out is the nicely milled receiver :

Name:  MSW 1.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  144.2 KB

Name:  MSW 2.jpg
Views: 1134
Size:  145.3 KB

Name:  MSW 3.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  144.9 KB

Sure do wish we could still make 80 percent receivers, this would be a killer project !

Thoughts on dimensioning it up and making it into one of our blueprints ?
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Great idea!

For what it’s worth, I am all for this and would sign up to buy in an instant.
    I have several firearms with Dlask parts and all have served me well.

I assume you did some investigating, but some extra info for you: It’s 7075 with a Tufram/PTFE impregnated anodized surface.

Of course would also need to have a shorter trigger bar track.

Be sure to include the larger hole at the front end of the trigger track (a keyhole shape rather than just a slot) as the earlier TARs had a trigger bar that was pinned in place and unable to be removed without destructive means.

Also, I know you are fully on the up-and-up, just be careful what you end up putting out. If the lab gets ahold of it and deems that it has too many like features to the MSW, there may be some spill over to TAR and X95 legal classification. The changes to the TAR, then SAR, then X95 were incremental and several changes were made within the same gun platform without obvious outward appearance. There was no announcement of generation changes, but from my research there are at least three generations of the TAR and X95, not including the full auto IDF models. Every generation exists in Canada due to importation across many years from both the USA and Israel.

There is very little different between the MSW and the earliest of the civilian Tavor lineage, but the small differences are significant enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Sure do wish we could still make 80 percent receivers, this would be a killer project !
    Pre 2018 Canadian gun laws and conventions feel so foreign and alien now. I remember you selling 80% AR receivers AND the jigs just without issue on your site.
    I did manage to score one of the last DAR 701 receivers you ever made with the COVID fun switch marking and Canada United engraving.

Interested.

79% ok?
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

Interested as well

Morning guys and gals,

Sorry about that, this was a bit of a pre April Fools joke, starting the shenanigans early this year ,lol. If Pierre reverses the BS ruling our friend Murrey Smith of (formerly) The Lab then we will HAPPILY get on these bad boys. However, until we cleanse our national pallet of the Woke Communist Scum in Ottawa and by default the traitorous cadre controlling our national police force then our hands are tied and we can only wait it out like you guys, our Patriot Brothers.

How would you all like a drawing of it though, something akin to the blueprints we sell of the AR's and 1911's ?
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Morning guys and gals,

Sorry about that, this was a bit of a pre April Fools joke, starting the shenanigans early this year ,lol. If Pierre reverses the BS ruling our friend Murrey Smith of (formerly) The Lab then we will HAPPILY get on these bad boys. However, until we cleanse our national pallet of the Woke Communist Scum in Ottawa and by default the traitorous cadre controlling our national police force then our hands are tied and we can only wait it out like you guys, our Patriot Brothers.

How would you all like a drawing of it though, something akin to the blueprints we sell of the AR's and 1911's ?
    Always made for amazing posters, would be happy to have one.
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary

Morning guys and gals,

These are good words