Steger SL8 Clamp-On Flash Hider

North_Sylva

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
SKU#: 145STEGER. MSRP$199.99.

Shipping to stocking dealers in 7-10 business days.

Stocking Dealers:
- Rangeview Sports
- Firearms Outlet Canada
- Calgary Shooting Centre

Clamp on with 2 screws to H&K SL8 barrels without need of gunsmithing. Made in Germany.

Our “script” also means quality when it comes to milling...
... because good material and the best workmanship ensure you excellent results, for example with our flash hiders:

The damper is fastened radially using two clamping screws without additionally attaching a barrel thread (no gunsmith necessary) without damaging the barrel. It is CNC machined from high-quality material and burnished. The damper has no influence on the shooting pattern and is designed exclusively for a specific weapon and may not be mounted on other weapons.

KqFRzXJ.png

qjCPZDi.jpeg

jMbgMeg.jpeg

LMM5IUn.jpeg

Last edited:
I would try one. Maybe in combo with the recent G36 conversion announcement

On second thought, it is pricey.
Another factor is how it will affect barrel harmonics. The statement says/implies this clamp on device wont affect shooting patterns. I have a hard time believing this.
Like barrel tuners, it could improve things, but it could make things worse as well.

Last edited:
Any guess if this would work on a 308 FNH FNAR?

Dude, check the caliber diameter and also the diameter of the barrel before you ask those questions.

$199 is actually a good price but personally I would not put it on a front heavy SL8.

Dude, check the caliber diameter and also the diameter of the barrel before you ask those questions.

Thanks Captain Obvious for your mindless assumption.

Maybe I already checked that the barrel diameter is very close. 0.762" vs 0.788″.
Then went to the Steger website to see if they list any specs and they don't show anything.

Hence the entirely reasonable question.

Maybe I already checked that the barrel diameter is very close. 0.762" vs 0.788″.
Then went to the Steger website to see if they list any specs and they don't show anything.

He obviously meant ID dude.

He obviously meant ID dude.

Can I just ask my entirely reasonable question in peace?

Do you see the specs of the internal diameter of the flash hider on the Steger website and what calibers it supports? I sure don't.
Their website says they support the TRG21 and Remington 700 which have 308 variants.

Is the flash hider designed in a way where the muzzle side diameter is the same between models and only the diameter of the clamping mechanism changes?
If the SL8 variant isn't compatible then would the R700 or TRG21 option work? There's a lot of variability in those platforms so diameter is hard to determine.

Yes sure go ahead.

LOL. Work out if a FLASH HIDER makes your rifle too heavy.
You have terrible reading comprehension, nowhere did I say I found it too heavy, the gun is simply front heavy due to the barrel and that is a fact. But LMAO just mindlessly add #### to the end of a bull barrel with no care on gun that's weight distribution is disproportionately skewed to the front.

You have terrible reading comprehension, nowhere did I say I found it too heavy, the gun is simply front heavy due to the barrel and that is a fact. But LMAO just mindlessly add #### to the end of a bull barrel with no care on gun that's weight distribution is disproportionately skewed to the front.

It's a precision rifle designed for supported shooting, I don't believe h&k put any real thought into weight distribution. That said, I'll be picking one of these up.

I would try one. Maybe in combo with the recent G36 conversion announcement

On second thought, it is pricey.
Another factor is how it will affect barrel harmonics. The statement says/implies this clamp on device wont affect shooting patterns. I have a hard time believing this.
Like barrel tuners, it could improve things, but it could make things worse as well.

What g36 announcement? Can you link?

Back
Top Bottom