Thread: Here is your chance to flame the newbie! Looking for a resource for gun classificatio

Here is your chance to flame the newbie! Looking for a resource for gun classificatio

OK, so, my flame suit is on. I am ready, I can take it!

I am pretty new to the whole gun scene. And While I do have my applications in for my PAL and RPAL, I am doing a lot of window shopping, and seeing what is suitable for my daughter and I to shoot with. I am looking at store websites as well as online classifieds. And of course, because I am talking near apple phones and my google home minis, I am getting some targeted ads... Go figure.

One such thing that got me excited was seeing a Derya MK-12. While I wasn't really interested in a shotgun right now, the videos i was seeing for it got my adrenaline pumping. Excitedly I mentioned it to a buddy of mine who instantly told me it was prohibited. My heart sank. But it got me thinking, I don't really know how to tell if a gun is prohibited or not, or what classification a long gun falls into. In the class they gave us guidelines for restricted / non, but, is there an easy resource to figure out for sure that I can save as a bookmark on my browser or something?

Cheers!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    This site offers easy searching for whatever model you're wondering about:

https://www.armalytics.ca/?size=n_50_n

Armalytics.ca