Probably a stupid question, but..

livinez

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old (belonged to my great grandmother) Iver Johnson .410. It's well worn and has a very wide spread. Is it possible to somehow have the choke tightened? TIA

I think I had read there was a technique to use a "roller swager" to squish down front of shotgun barrel - a "choke" is a matter of a few thousandths of an inch from bore diameter - is not "much" - but would likely alter the exterior appearance of an elderly barrel? And have to find someone who would do that - after removing the front bead - and assuming the barrel is more or less "round" to start with.

If it’s sentimental, in the 60’s mossberg m183kb had a C-lect chokes that are external threads(might be a cheap parts gun) or look for an old Lyman cutts choke. It’s good to keep family guns going and making memories. Another option might be Saiga external threaded chokes (they come in 410 size) not sure if anyone cuts the treads though.

At 20 yards it's over a foot, if I remember correctly. I quit using it for grouse many years ago after losing a couple that flew away and I heard them fall and flutter around but couldn't find them, and they weren't long shots. I'd like it tight enough that when I shoot at the head, at least one pellet hits the head.

Back
Top Bottom