Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3rd post 3rd day, I have something to talk about though

BANNED

3rd post 3rd day, I have something to talk about though

this is going to sound illegal but i assure you its not. I have a BRS-99 and have designed a lower for it that accepts trommel magazines which are exempt fromt he mag capacity laws beacuse they were designed before 1910. it is legal because on this particular gun the upper is the serialized controlled part. when the lower is complete it will be the first legal high capacity centerfire rifle in canada since the 70's (that im aware of anyways). cant wait to show everyone and hopefully sell them on the EE!
    Last edited by BrianFriberg; 03-11-2024 at 03:13 PM.

Xlnt Brian , Welcome 2 CGN.
    "iacta alea est"

BANNED
    thank you friend

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Isn't the firearm action the determining factor that dictates capacity .?

BANNED
    if the fire arm is centerfire and semiautomatic all magazines designed FOR that firearm must be pinned to 5. there are a few loopholes and legal exemptions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianFriberg View Post
    this is going to sound illegal but i assure you its not. I have a BRS-99 and have designed a lower for it that accepts trommel magazines which are exempt fromt he mag capacity laws beacuse they were designed before 1910. it is legal because on this particular gun the upper is the serialized controlled part. when the lower is complete it will be the first legal high capacity centerfire rifle in canada since the 70's (that im aware of anyways). cant wait to show everyone and hopefully sell them on the EE!
    Lol what? Where in the criminal code is this exemption?

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    this is going to sound illegal but i assure you its not.
    Kinda sounds like "Hold my beer and watch this"

Never turns out like you think it will.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Lol what? Where in the criminal code is this exemption?
    https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/.../fulltext.html

(3) Paragraph (1)(b) does not include any cartridge magazine that

(a) is of the “snail-drum” type (schneckentrommel) that was originally designed or manufactured for use in a firearm that is a handgun known as the Parabellum-Pistol, System Borchardt-Luger, Model 1900, or “Luger”, or any variant or modified version of it, including the Model 1902, Model 1904 (Marine), Model 1904/06 (Marine), Model 1904/08 (Marine), Model 1906, Model 1908 and Model 1908 (Artillery) pistols;

(b) was originally designed or manufactured for use in a firearm that is a semi-automatic handgun, where the magazine was manufactured before 1910;

(c) was originally designed or manufactured as an integral part of the firearm known as the Mauser Selbstladepistole C/96 (“broomhandle”), or any variant or modified version of it, including the Model 1895, Model 1896, Model 1902, Model 1905, Model 1912, Model 1915, Model 1930, Model 1931, M711 and M712; or

(d) was originally designed or manufactured for use in the semi-automatic firearm that is a handgun known as the Webley and Scott Self-Loading Pistol, Model 1912 or Model 1915.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    Kinda sounds like "Hold my beer and watch this"

Never turns out like you think it will.
    Yes I know, but I have been in contact with the RCMP many times about this and have done my due diligence with respect to the law. I am certain it is legal, the RCMP know about it and if they tell me not to make it (despite legally being allowed to) then I wont make it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yes I know, but I have been in contact with the RCMP many times about this and have done my due diligence with respect to the law. I am certain it is legal, the RCMP know about it and if they tell me not to make it (despite legally being allowed to) then I wont make it.
    3 1 B clearly says manufactured before 1910....meaning you can't make new ones and use them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast