Page 367 of 385 FirstFirst ... 347357359360361362363364365366367368369370371372373374375377 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,670 of 3846

Thread: All-New: Type 81M

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_K View Post
    Mine arrived today, 1 month turn around. With emailing to add to the order. Not crazy fast, but not as bad as I feared.

Stock is a bit off when folded, but that appears to maybe be a bit of a thing, barrel appears straight with receiver, so thats awesome, I have not got right in there a measured it though.

The slant brake was rusty as heck, and there was no drum magazine in the box. I got an invoice for it though, but considering there isn't even a spot for one, I assume this will be pretty easy to rectify. There isn't much argument that it was in there to start with. Tracking number was the same in the email, but it was most likely sent separately. I have reached out.

***UPDATE - 1 hour after asking, they responded, 6:30+pacific time, drum is on the way, no room in the box. As I expected.***

All in all, I was worried, and so far its only a bit disappointing not getting my drum yet (because I'm an impatient child), but that's about it.

We'll eat dinner, clean it up, and reassess.
    Atleast yours came in, mine was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago and now it went by my place and is going in the wrong direction
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dmitri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTA View Post
    Atleast yours came in, mine was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago and now it went by my place and is going in the wrong direction
    Wow man, that is annoying. I bet there was no particular reason for that either... just CP being CP.. hopefully they catch it before it goes too far. Mine came 2 days late as well, was redirected/delayed twice. Call them.

Hi TI,

Just wondering when can I expect order # 298XX to ship. I know I am impatient but can’t control my excitement about my first T81 that too an underfolder 😅.

Thanks!

Received my t81 2 weeks ago. That’s my third t81. Got the underfolder. Not bent, everything seems nice. Overall I’m really satisfied for the price I paid.
    Last edited by Jeremygg; 04-19-2024 at 09:42 AM.
    Jeremy

I refinished the wood and paracord the folding stock. Happy with the result

Last edited by Jeremygg; 04-19-2024 at 09:07 AM.
    Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    It's something we are looking into for the next shipment
    Are you guys bringing in type 81 SR MLok handguards?

CGN Regular
    When are we getting the Type 81 SRLMGSEM?

My Type 81 came in, straight as an arrow and all accessories in the box. Thanks TI.

The Samson cheek riser fits very very snugly and feels great. I highly recommend them.

Here is a pic of mine with one of the "fakelite" mags I am also working on. Sorry about the glare, I am not a good photographer and my shop lights are right above the bench

Some things to note:

- The pistol grip was slightly loose, easy fix but I switched mine out with a VZ-58 one. Near perfect fit

- The underfolder mechanism was loose, easy fix by punching the outer pin out and tightening it up a few turns. It was not required and functioned fine without it, it just feels sturdier now. Mine has very little up and down play while locked open, less than most UF AKs

- The finish is thin, but holds up better than Russian AKs finish which will come off with anything harsher than CLP. I personally like the look

- The safety is difficult to use because the UF mech sits quite close to it
    Last edited by JasonGTA; 04-19-2024 at 04:48 PM. Reason: More pics
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

CGN Regular
    Can you show pics of the other side?

So mine looks nice and straight (to my eye) which is enough for me, however my front sight is definitely canted (rotated) to the left noticeably. Any fix for that or is the only option just to adjust windage if needed and forget about it.