Page 389 of 389 FirstFirst ... 369379381382383384385386387388389
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 3890

Thread: All-New: Type 81M

CGN Regular
    Great shooting! How do you like the LMG?

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny the boy View Post
    Great shooting! How do you like the LMG?
    I liked the Underfolder T81M so much that I ran out & bought a lightly used LMG locally...

I'm a new T81 fanboy & all it took was for the UF to hit our shores lol!
    Last edited by Jay; 05-06-2024 at 08:38 PM.
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    Ya i bought a folder and a fixed, very happy with both
    How do you find the cheek weld with the fixed?

For me, I'd have to shave down the stock on the fixed to get a better cheek weld... Like this guy did...

Name:  IMG_9681.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  98.7 KB
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Jay, I do think its high, but Im not going to shoot it a bunch so Ill leave it the way it is
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Anyone have experience dealing with TI for warranty issues? I received my rifle and the right side of the receiver has a considerable bend. I've been dealing with Henry at TI back and forth via email for the past two weeks and he's now essentially telling me to kick rocks...that my issue is "cosmetic" and "within spec" and that they don't agree to a replacement under warranty. Frankly, I don't care if the issue is cosmetic, I didn't pay $1500 to get a bent up rifle.

I feel like I've been scammed. I am a return customer (this isn't my first Type 81 through them) and have spent thousands of dollars on their website. For them to brush off my concerns and then tell me to accept what is an obviously defective unit is extremely frustrating to say the least. I've seen so many people say that TI will take care of you if there is any issue but I have not had that experience so far. I thought for sure TI would agree to replace the rifle, since the issue is so obvious, but they are seemingly trying to wipe their hands of any responsibility here.

I will post the pics again below as I would appreciate any feedback. Is there anyone at TI that I should ask to speak with directly to get some positive resolution? I feel like I got scammed with a defective unit.

Quote Originally Posted by MustardoTigre View Post
    Anyone have experience dealing with TI for warranty issues? I received my rifle and the right side of the receiver has a considerable bend. I've been dealing with Henry at TI back and forth via email for the past two weeks and he's now essentially telling me to kick rocks...that my issue is "cosmetic" and "within spec" and that they don't agree to a replacement under warranty. Frankly, I don't care if the issue is cosmetic, I didn't pay $1500 to get a bent up rifle.

I feel like I've been scammed. I am a return customer (this isn't my first Type 81 through them) and have spent thousands of dollars on their website. For them to brush off my concerns and then tell me to accept what is an obviously defective unit is extremely frustrating to say the least. I've seen so many people say that TI will take care of you if there is any issue but I have not had that experience so far. I thought for sure TI would agree to replace the rifle, since the issue is so obvious, but they are seemingly trying to wipe their hands of any responsibility here.

I will post the pics again below as I would appreciate any feedback. Is there anyone at TI that I should ask to speak with directly to get some positive resolution? I feel like I got scammed with a defective unit.

Do the test with a long straight edge. A guy posted a YouTube video teaching you how to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by MustardoTigre View Post

Does it cycle smoothly and operate properly? To be honest, I fail to see what negative impact a slight widening of the Receiver towards the rear Trunion could/would have. It ought to operate just fine, and it looks to me to be well within the loose "specs" that TI has been quoting to others with complaints. Not saying that it is "right" as in the correct way to treat a repeat customer, just noting that it will most likely function and operate just fine as is....

Best of luck in getting satisfaction out of TI with regards to an exchange!
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    I looked at a few T81s, is it normal for a slightly canted front sight?

Quote Originally Posted by randyhub View Post
    I looked at a few T81s, is it normal for a slightly canted front sight?
    The latest import of Type 81m Underfolders appears to have a preponderance of canted Front Sights. I was careful to ask detailed questions of various sellers when purchasing a recent Type 81 and was advised by numerous vendors that they had the canted Front Sight (which I passed over). Some had slightly offset Receivers and Barrels, whereas others had a slightly widening Receiver width from Front to Rear. None of the canted Sights and/or Barrels and/or Receivers reportedly prevented proper zeroing, however I have no first-hand evidence of that. The rifle that I finally purchased is supposed to be straight in every regard, so we shall see whether that is indeed the case when it arrives later this week....
    Mark C

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    My friend's LMG has a canted front sight it shoots very well, we all didn't notice the canted sight much when shooting.