Page 230 of 380 FirstFirst ... 210220222223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238240250 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 3799

Thread: All-New: Type 81M

2nd day with the rifle. Maybe 100 rounds through it.

Gawd this thing is shmexy.

Two things to criticize:

1. My eyes can barely pickup the irons on a dim lit range. I may have to mount an optic and just live with it not folding.
    2. The wood, albeit flawless, I’d like to have a bit darker.

Anyone know of an easy way to get the wood darker? I’m mechanically inclined but not any sort of wood guy. Is there anything I can spray the wood with to get a darker finish?

A couple of observations over the days:

1. The under folder is somehow more anesthetically appealing then the two side folders I’ve owned.
    2. The under folder shoulder brace will snag my clothing on occasion but I’ve got no issues making a cheek/chin weld, nor have I suffered any pain or bruising from it. It’s totally fine for me.
    3. The phosphate finish and black bolt is very appealing.
    4. The build quality on this rifle is great. It’s on par with my LMG.

I still don’t know what to do about the sights. I run a dot, or magnification, on everything else but shotguns. It looks so good without a dot tho, so maybe this will become my dedicated LARP’ing rifle.

This is the seventh T81 I’ve owned, including one banana shaped abomination (that I still own), and the damned things won’t choke on any load - How do the Chinese build such fantastically functional, sometimes fugly rifles?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    After SA shipment both the specification was tightened and proceedures were set in place to measure and catch rifles with trunions placed out of specification. However the odd one does slip through, we have one confirmed case so for on M shipment, it is 0.5mm out of spec. Historically the T81 rifle has been 99.95% within specification.

The one metric that has been 100% is the rate of function. Despite selling in 5 figures numbers of rifles, we have not had a single rifle come back because it wasn't functioning properly. Even range guns going through 10's of thousands of rounds only need wear parts replaced on rare occasions, which we do under warranty.
    The issue is not that they are not reliable, costumers don't just want a reliable new rifle they also want a nice rifle not bent. and if i was you guys. or manager or owner i wouldn't accept something like that, since the rifles are not checked even by you guys what's stopping someone from wrapping it around a pole of nudging it a bit to put it out of spec and send it back at your loss. Please don't send me a bent rifle lol I'm sure it will be out of spec. The profit margin must be so high that even if a large percentage are sent back it will not make a difference.
    thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    You have poor taste IMO lol
    Just saying it how it is.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^ Happy Eastern.
    The Honking will continue until Freedom improves.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesley28 View Post
    I set the irons to 0 (after 4) which is the highest setting and the sight picture still won't come up high enough. I'm sure its a cheekweld issue though
    what if your barrel is bent downwards and not to the right or left? don't shoot yourself in the feet!!!!

My fixed stock, still waiting for PG and stock adapter.
    Spent a lotta money to TI this week...

https://imgur.com/a/aXErtV6

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Post a pic.
    Yes Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by TTTimothy View Post
    My fixed stock, still waiting for PG and stock adapter.
    Spent a lotta money to TI this week...

https://imgur.com/a/aXErtV6
    Wow that wood is very orange. What do you think of the optic?

I myself am in Canada Post Purgatory…
    Shipping info on the 25th
    Picked up on the 26th by CP
    Sat in Calgary for a day
    Then made it to Edmonton on 27th
    In transit on the 28th
    That might not sound bad but I only live 90 minutes from Calgary LoL
    It’s like Canada Post was not ready for the influx of parcels form TI LoL
    So close and so far away, I could have watched the truck drive by on highway 2
    Now it says delivery expected on the 3rd of April!!!
    If it comes on the 3rd of April that will make it 9 day shipping to a place 90 minutes from Calgary!
    Sorry for the rant but do better Canada post LoL

277xx Ordered on Mar 12. Still no shippment. I tried calling and emailing.... No one picked up and I'm still awaiting email response
    Once you go Mauser, you'll never go back.