Huge shipment of K31 rifles have arrived

MarstarCanada

Regular
Business Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
You removed the muzzle caps and slings only to sell them separately?? Why not remove the mags too then..? Not cool Marstar.

Yeah, I'd expect that from the old Marstar, not the new Marstar.

We received 120 rifles, of which some had an endcap, some had a military sling, some had both, a handful had civilian sling and most had none of the above. We didn't list the civilian slings as each one is different from the others.

If we made a listing for each combination then we'd have 6 different listings at a minimum (Plain, Endcap only, endcap + Mil Sling, Endcap + Civ Sling, Mil sling only, Civ Sling Only). I made the decision to remove the end caps and slings to consolidate everything into a single baseline listing. This removes the need for having segregated storage areas, reduces inventory drift, simplifies picking/inventory control, and reduces the chance of errors in the picking/shipping process.

The decision was made based on logistics, not nickel and diming

As to the price, We're $100 cheaper than everyone else we found that has some in physical inventory.

Best!
Payam

We received 120 rifles, of which some had an endcap, some had a military sling, some had both, a handful had civilian sling and most had none of the above. We didn't list the civilian slings as each one is different from the others.

If we made a listing for each combination then we'd have 6 different listings at a minimum (Plain, Endcap only, endcap + Mil Sling, Endcap + Civ Sling, Mil sling only, Civ Sling Only). I made the decision to remove the end caps and slings to consolidate everything into a single baseline listing. This removes the need for having segregated storage areas, reduces inventory drift, simplifies picking/inventory control, and reduces the chance of errors in the picking/shipping process.

The decision was made based on logistics, not nickel and diming

As to the price, We're $100 cheaper than everyone else we found that has some in physical inventory.

Best!
Payam

Thank you for the explaination , my opinion is that since the rifles cone with different configurations and no doubt different type of wood stocks which is common for those rifles (blonde/walnut) and different conditions, seperate listings are a benefit as is common with the other sellers who are listing them individually. These are not $400 Mosins.. your asking a almost a grand fur a surplus rifle that hit the market a few yrs ago at $299 straps, caps and all. I see you have removed ammo from the boxes and dumped into baggies for 'bulk' sale too...

I see you have removed ammo from the boxes and dumped into baggies for 'bulk' sale too...

PPU has long sold bulk bags of ammo. I have personally bought 8mm and 303 in those exact bags, so, no they aren't dumping boxes of ammo into bags

PPU has long sold bulk bags of ammo. I have personally bought 8mm and 303 in those exact bags, so, no they aren't dumping boxes of ammo into bags

Swiss ammo has never come in bags..only 60round bricks ..PPU does not sell them in bags either only retailers remove the box for 'bulk' sales.

This is correct. We do get a discount in bulk bags over boxes, which is reflected in our pricing. It wouldn't make sense to buy boxes then pay someone to dump them into a bag and seal it, We'd pay more for the product and more for the labor.

If that was what we were doing, we'd simply offer a bundle price on the item, similar to what we did on our stripper clips here, it would be quicker, cheaper on labor and we would be operating with a linked inventory on both, rather than having a different SKU for each.

Best!
Payam

Thank you for the explaination , my opinion is that since the rifles cone with different configurations and no doubt different type of wood stocks which is common for those rifles (blonde/walnut) and different conditions, seperate listings are a benefit as is common with the other sellers who are listing them individually.

Something for us to review internally. Thanks for the input.

Swiss ammo has never come in bags..only 60round bricks ..PPU does not sell them in bags either only retailers remove the box for 'bulk' sales.

Weird, since with 3 minutes of searching I found 3 different varieties of PPU offered in bags. I also found 6.5x55, but it had a generic picture so I didn't include that

303 British
PrviPartisan303BritBulkBag.jpg

8mm Mauser
ppu1-600x400.jpg

30-06
ppu-30-06-sprgf-150-grs-fmj-100er-bulk-pack-600x450.jpg

Back
Top Bottom