Thread: Versatile Shotgun Recommendations

Versatile Shotgun Recommendations

Hello,

I am new to the forum and currently waiting to get access to the EE. While I wait I would love to get some recommendations on a versatile first shotgun.

This will be my first shotgun and I want something that I can use in many situations. I enjoy sporting clays and have loved pheasant and goose hunting the few times I have gone with friends (I borrowed guns in each case). I want something I am proud of and a gun that will last forever with proper care.

I have ~$1500 in my mind but that's not really a hard budget.

Thanks in advance!

Dylan

CGN Regular
    Remington 870 or a Mossberg 500/590 in 12 gauge with a 28 inch barrel with screw in chokes. Will cycle any extra light 2 3/4 shell for clays yet it will also handle the hot 3 inch loads for hunting. Both will last forever if taken care of, will hold (or increase) value over time and both have decades of proven reliability and performance. You can also swap for a different barrel (shorter, longer, rifled, etc) or change the stock if you so desire.
    Last edited by Ramzzz; 03-19-2024 at 01:24 AM.

If you want something that’ll last and that shoots great go for a Beretta A400, it’s arguably the best semi auto sporting shotgun you can get and if you’re ok to go for used you can find them right around the $1500 mark. If you want new it’ll be a bit more depending on the configuration you prefer.

One of the site sponsors has a used one with wood stocks on consignment right now that you might consider to check out.

https://northprosports.com/index.php...75&search=A400