Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renewal of a firearms licence

I put my renewel in 10 months before it was going to expire, mine showed up in the mail 2 weeks before expiry, I live in BC.
    Liberal party of Canada- Useless since 1867

Completed the renewal process online, submitted 2/28 and license received via Canada Post 3/20 in Ontario
    CSSA MEMBER

My wife submitted her renewal back in October, as her current RPAL expired end of November. Sat in pending status since. She called the Firearms center today as she’s been checking online regularly with no change. Was told it was with the provincial CFO, waiting on them. She asked to be transferred to the BC CFO. Spoke with the CFO’s office, lady was very helpful and approved her renewal while my wife was put on hold for 5 minutes. They said she should have her new card in 2 weeks. Makes me think it’s a made up backlog, not an actual one.

My wife and I renewed online at the start of February within a minute of each other. She was approved and got her PAL two weeks later. I called on the day she got her PAL and they said everything was fine and it was still being processed. I emailed two weeks after that and the reply was that they were waiting for a new photo because the last one was no good and that they said I had been told when I called but that was not true. The day after I emailed my new photo in I got approved and am now waiting for my PAL

So if you think your approval is taking too long you are better off to email than phone.
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    (John 3:16)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    I emailed and received a reply that they couldn’t tell me anything by email. I then phoned and was advised of the backlog in BC.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Tennant View Post
    My wife submitted her renewal back in October, as her current RPAL expired end of November. Sat in pending status since. She called the Firearms center today as she’s been checking online regularly with no change. Was told it was with the provincial CFO, waiting on them. She asked to be transferred to the BC CFO. Spoke with the CFO’s office, lady was very helpful and approved her renewal while my wife was put on hold for 5 minutes. They said she should have her new card in 2 weeks. Makes me think it’s a made up backlog, not an actual one.
    What else is new in BC!

Quote Originally Posted by Epoxy7 View Post
    Put my renewal in December. Still waiting. BC has a big backlog.
    four months and still waiting. in BC

Well it takes a lot to impress this old guy these day's, my PAL expires in Sept so I thought I better get at it given that there are lot's of threads about it taking 4 - 6 months or more.

Mar 1 - Send via Canada Post Snail Mail
    Mar 6 - Received and given Initial approval
    Mar 15 - Credit Card charged renewal fee
    Mar 23 - PAL issued and mailed - post marked Mar 24
    Mar 28 - In my hand this morning.

Fastest turn around time in history for me:

In 2024 it took 27 days
    In 2019 it took 94 days
    In 2014 it took 108 days

Either they are getting more efficient or they are just taking pity on us old guy's, I'm impressed
    we were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12