Renewal of a firearms licence

Just one photo is required. Consider renewing online. Much faster and easier.
Renewing online, your new licence will arrive in about 20 days.

Pls try to make sure your pictures is perfect. Background, face is sqaure. And proper size.. Lights. I messed mine up. So I got the the skinney from a girl who took pictures 4 the store at wolverine back in 1998. When you could renewed in store.. the good old days.LOL

Pls try to make sure your pictures is perfect. Background, face is sqaure. And proper size.. Lights. I messed mine up. So I got the the skinney from a girl who took pictures 4 the store at wolverine back in 1998. When you could renewed in store.. the good old days.LOL

Also, send a new picture each time you renew. Don't be lazy and send the picture you used on your last renewal just because it was handy and laying around. Ask me how I know. Lol

I put my renewel in 10 months before it was going to expire, mine showed up in the mail 2 weeks before expiry, I live in BC.

My wife submitted her renewal back in October, as her current RPAL expired end of November. Sat in pending status since. She called the Firearms center today as she’s been checking online regularly with no change. Was told it was with the provincial CFO, waiting on them. She asked to be transferred to the BC CFO. Spoke with the CFO’s office, lady was very helpful and approved her renewal while my wife was put on hold for 5 minutes. They said she should have her new card in 2 weeks. Makes me think it’s a made up backlog, not an actual one.

My wife and I renewed online at the start of February within a minute of each other. She was approved and got her PAL two weeks later. I called on the day she got her PAL and they said everything was fine and it was still being processed. I emailed two weeks after that and the reply was that they were waiting for a new photo because the last one was no good and that they said I had been told when I called but that was not true. The day after I emailed my new photo in I got approved and am now waiting for my PAL

So if you think your approval is taking too long you are better off to email than phone.

I emailed and received a reply that they couldn’t tell me anything by email. I then phoned and was advised of the backlog in BC.

My wife submitted her renewal back in October, as her current RPAL expired end of November. Sat in pending status since. She called the Firearms center today as she’s been checking online regularly with no change. Was told it was with the provincial CFO, waiting on them. She asked to be transferred to the BC CFO. Spoke with the CFO’s office, lady was very helpful and approved her renewal while my wife was put on hold for 5 minutes. They said she should have her new card in 2 weeks. Makes me think it’s a made up backlog, not an actual one.

What else is new in BC! ;)

Well it takes a lot to impress this old guy these day's, my PAL expires in Sept so I thought I better get at it given that there are lot's of threads about it taking 4 - 6 months or more.

Mar 1 - Send via Canada Post Snail Mail
Mar 6 - Received and given Initial approval
Mar 15 - Credit Card charged renewal fee
Mar 23 - PAL issued and mailed - post marked Mar 24
Mar 28 - In my hand this morning.

Fastest turn around time in history for me:

In 2024 it took 27 days
In 2019 it took 94 days
In 2014 it took 108 days

Either they are getting more efficient or they are just taking pity on us old guy's, I'm impressed

I just take a selfie up against my basement door, and send it how it is. I never had to edit or crop my photos.

Next time it will be a toilet selfie.

Back
Top Bottom