New Type 81M Underfolder Stock Bent

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMVQmrI.jpg

DnzeTZv.jpg

b4rAgQo.jpg

OP's pics ^

Yup, that is off a bunch even if his angle of the pics isn't perfect.

Just got my underfolder. Stock looks a little bent/crooked from the factory leading to scratching of the lower handguard. And which leads to the stock contacting the magazine when opened. Not sure if this is normal. But I understand with the QC and the price everything can't be perfect. A little bit of up and down wobble when extended. Pictures in imgur link https://imgur.com/a/R3HKanB
R3HKanB

Will TI give you a replacement, and cover shipping costs?

The stamped metal Underfolder’s can bend easily. Looks to me from the pics that just needs a little tweak. I wonder if the milled Romanian Underfolders would fit. Those ones are very strong and look good.

The stamped metal Underfolder’s can bend easily. Looks to me from the pics that just needs a little tweak. I wonder if the milled Romanian Underfolders would fit. Those ones are very strong and look good.

Hi, do you know where I can buy a milled Romanian underfolder butt stock?

I've been suspecting that these rifles are repurposed old inventory that TI was unable to sell, and had modified here in Canada to make more appealing and hopefully cut their losses/generate cashflow.
The Type81 LMG wasnt selling very well, some of the "new" shipments announcements I suspect were just to rehype already in-stock rifles...then there was this "final shipment no more ever"....and later these magically become available.

Maybe i'm wrong. Can anyone share a picture of the rear of one of the underfolder rifles, where a regular stock would have been attached?

I've been suspecting that these rifles are repurposed old inventory that TI was unable to sell, and had modified here in Canada to make more appealing and hopefully cut their losses/generate cashflow.
The Type81 LMG wasnt selling very well, some of the "new" shipments announcements I suspect were just to rehype already in-stock rifles...then there was this "final shipment no more ever"....and later these magically become available.

Maybe i'm wrong. Can anyone share a picture of the rear of one of the underfolder rifles, where a regular stock would have been attached?

I have a feeling it would be much cheaper to order a run of these rifles to be made in China, rather than shorten and rethread barrels, refinish, make a new rear trunion, etc. and create a new model out of TI's existing inventory.

I'm sure if they were sitting on a stockpile of unsold LMG's they would have just discounted them as they did with the SR to move them.

The rear of the receivers on the underfolder appears to be the same slant/shape as the fixed stock/LMG variants, but the trunion is different and fills in the opening where a fixed stock would be

I have a feeling it would be much cheaper to order a run of these rifles to be made in China, rather than shorten and rethread barrels, refinish, make a new rear trunion, etc. and create a new model out of TI's existing inventory.

I'm sure if they were sitting on a stockpile of unsold LMG's they would have just discounted them as they did with the SR to move them.

The rear of the receivers on the underfolder appears to be the same slant/shape as the fixed stock/LMG variants, but the trunion is different and fills in the opening where a fixed stock would be

I agree with you it would make more sense and be much cheaper.

But - I remember a Tactical imports post explaining how difficult it was to schedule T81 runs at the poly factory because they had gov contract priorities, needed to refocus on more modern models for which there was a growing demand, etc.
I believe that was also the reason why they had stated a cutoff of when the last run of T81s could be manufactured and thus imported.

Maybe all of this changed later and i'm wrong

I agree with you it would make more sense and be much cheaper.

But - I remember a Tactical imports post explaining how difficult it was to schedule T81 runs at the poly factory because they had gov contract priorities, needed to refocus on more modern models for which there was a growing demand, etc.
I believe that was also the reason why they had stated a cutoff of when the last run of T81s could be manufactured and thus imported.

Maybe all of this changed later and i'm wrong

Yeah you're wrong lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom