New Type 81M Underfolder Stock Bent

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayCorbett

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Just got my underfolder. Stock looks a little bent/crooked from the factory leading to scratching of the lower handguard. And which leads to the stock contacting the magazine when opened. Not sure if this is normal. But I understand with the QC and the price everything can't be perfect. A little bit of up and down wobble when extended. Pictures in imgur link https://imgur.com/a/R3HKanB
R3HKanB

Brought the gun out. Shot it. Shouldered fine. Stove piped the VERY first shot but run flawlessly after that. Probably just needs a little breaking in. And always nice knowing you can just hit cabelas and buy a crate of ammo pretty much whenever lol. Nothing wrong that would make me want to make a warranty claim or return. Better then a cracked wooden stock. Hoping TI brings in some more fixed stock models, and looking forward to what the after market has in store for the type 81M.

Last edited:
Ya its not right. They can move over like this with pressure but should bounce back. How I know... I have two notches pressed into the handguard on an old Norinco under folder I own. Stored laying down in storage box with couple rifles on it. Travel wounds. The damage on wood with yours looks different and factory produced. I would 100% return it. There is a bend on that somewhere

Last edited:
Just got my underfolder. Stock looks a little bent/crooked from the factory leading to scratching of the lower handguard. And which leads to the stock contacting the magazine when opened. Not sure if this is normal. But I understand with the QC and the price everything can't be perfect. A little bit of up and down wobble when extended. Pictures in imgur link https://imgur.com/a/R3HKanB
R3HKanB

Mine was like that too, I gave it a soft little twist and it's fine now. Opens and folds with mag inserted

Mine was like that too, I gave it a soft little twist and it's fine now. Opens and folds with mag inserted

My thoughts exactly, certainly would have thought to try that before sharpening my pitchfork and trying to throw an internet coupe. Makes you wonder how some people survive through the week.

Why would anyone make, or purchase a rifle that depends on kid gloves just so the magazine can be removed and inserted, a requirement every 5 rounds at that!?f:P:2:

Mine is the same. You can just bend it or wait until gnnutz will post a video on youtube as to how remove the folding mechanism, then take it off (maybe only partly), then bend as required.

It is a Norinco, shoots as required but some love expected.

You are basically buying a rifle which is not available anywhere in the world to the civilian market. Have you seen the finish on the last batch of folders or especially the fixed stock, the red ones? The wood on most is scratched and dinged and soft.

To those who don't like the look: Buy a nice deactivated AK 47 for $1,500 to 2,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom