Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T81M retroactive product description alteration

CGN Regular

T81M retroactive product description alteration

Hey Tactical import,

I'm sure this is just a big misunderstanding but let me share my case with you. I was very excited to place my first order with your company in early march for a T81M underfolder with a Mastermount siderail following what was recommended side rail accessory from the link in the description of the gun. To my surprise, when I took a second look today, I see that the description of the T81M and the siderail was updated between March 19 and Today (march 24) to indicate the side rail is not compatible with the underfolder anymore.

Don't take my word for it, look at the internet wayback machine on march 18 and feel free to compare with today, https://web.archive.org/web/20240318202639/https://www.tacticalimports.ca/nonrestricted-firearms-c-1/type-81m-underfolder-p-789.html

From the T81M Underfolder product page:
    On March 18, we could read:
    Comes with two 5/30 magazines, oil bottle and manual. All parts and components are brand new production, not surplus. Non-restricted class, in-stock now, while supplies last. Full line-up of available accessories can be seen HERE
    On March 24, it now read:
    Comes with two 5/30 magazines, oil bottle and manual. All parts and components are brand new production, not surplus. Non-restricted class, in-stock now, while supplies last. Please note that due to high order volumes, it may take several weeks for orders to be processed. Full line-up of available accessories can be seen HERE Note: Not compatible with Mastermount side rail, due to position of underfolder hinge that blocks sideplate.

Additionally, the product details page for the siderail: (https://web.archive.org/web/20240205110147/https://www.tacticalimports.ca/firearm-accessories-c-35_42/mastermount-type-81-side-rail-p-757.html)
    On march 18, we could read:
    Fits all Type 81 versions.
    On March 24, it now read:
    Fits all Type 81 versions except Underfolder.

BANNED
    I'm sure they'll return it for you

CGN Regular
    Edit: re read your post you are 100% right. They should give you a refund

CGN Regular
    Lmao I thought it only came with one magazine and ordered a spare. I should have read the description better! Nice surprise!

I think TI had posted somewhere that it wasn’t compatible, but you are correct the website didn’t reflect this for a few days, as I almost bought it when I ordered on the 16th.

I’m sure it will be in demand however and or be able to be refunded.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You are 100 % correct. I ordered the folder and was under the impression that the side rail and mount would work. Since I had already ordered the side rail and pins on on a previous order, I added the right hand safety. That should be proof enough. And yes, I did the same as you. The option to add the side rail and mount was definitely there. I checked it carefully. My order was placed on the morning of the 12. The product I ordered was not the product I received.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    What exactly do you mean by "not compatible"?

Like it can't be attached to the gun, or just that the stock can't be folded anymore?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "not compatible"?

Like it can't be attached to the gun, or just that the stock can't be folded anymore?
    In a later post (past March 19 since this is the day I received my order and realized it does not work), TI made a post correcting/clarifying that the stock cannot be folded with the side rail/mount attached. I assume more people realized that when they received their rifle. There could very well be a slant in the left side folding arm to allow for that. 2 questions: 1. Why were we led to believe that it works? 2. Why is there no slant opening in the arm to allow for that? Are we supposed to cut it ourselves?

The mount will work with the rifle, but it will interfere with the folding of the stock.

If I remember correctly, when I placed my order on the 15th evening it said in the drop down menu that the side mount wasn't compatible with the underfolder, I don't remember what it said in the description but I do remember going over the add-ons as I was debating how much I could afford to inflate the price and I'm pretty sure it mentioned Im the drop down menu of the optics because that's the only reason I ordered the mlok forend.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast