Thread: C-71 Long Range 10/22 Receiver Assembly Instructions

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar

Cool C-71 Long Range 10/22 Receiver Assembly Instructions

C-71 Long Range 10/22 Receiver Assembly Instructions

We did up some quick and easy to follow instructions for assembling our new C-71 Long Range receiver. This includes torque specs.
    A link to the instructions is included in the box with the receiver as well.

---> Click Here For Assembly Instructions <---

Quick question on the above instructions it indicates to torque the V-Block to 30 in-lbs but when I looked at the adjustable V-Block for the C-71 it indicates 15-20 in-lbs on your parts and accessories page. I have the complete C71 apex sport 16inch and just wanted to know if I under torqued the V-Block that last time I did a complete disassembly.

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nitroxace View Post
    Quick question on the above instructions it indicates to torque the V-Block to 30 in-lbs but when I looked at the adjustable V-Block for the C-71 it indicates 15-20 in-lbs on your parts and accessories page. I have the complete C71 apex sport 16inch and just wanted to know if I under torqued the V-Block that last time I did a complete disassembly.
    When we build them we torque it to 30 in-lbs. Torquing high can cause barrel droop. With the adjustable v-block less torque is required as the set screw will push the v-block down slightly which jams it against the action screws. Just don't torque it more than 30 in-lbs, and don't use any thread locker.

Finally, you shouldn't remove the barrel from the receiver ever unless you're replacing it. This can cause excess wear and isn't necessary for normal cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    When we build them we torque it to 30 in-lbs. Torquing high can cause barrel droop. With the adjustable v-block less torque is required as the set screw will push the v-block down slightly which jams it against the action screws. Just don't torque it more than 30 in-lbs, and don't use any thread locker.

Finally, you shouldn't remove the barrel from the receiver ever unless you're replacing it. This can cause excess wear and isn't necessary for normal cleaning.
    Thank you for the info.