C-71 Long Range 10/22 Receiver Assembly Instructions

Quick question on the above instructions it indicates to torque the V-Block to 30 in-lbs but when I looked at the adjustable V-Block for the C-71 it indicates 15-20 in-lbs on your parts and accessories page. I have the complete C71 apex sport 16inch and just wanted to know if I under torqued the V-Block that last time I did a complete disassembly.

Quick question on the above instructions it indicates to torque the V-Block to 30 in-lbs but when I looked at the adjustable V-Block for the C-71 it indicates 15-20 in-lbs on your parts and accessories page. I have the complete C71 apex sport 16inch and just wanted to know if I under torqued the V-Block that last time I did a complete disassembly.

When we build them we torque it to 30 in-lbs. Torquing high can cause barrel droop. With the adjustable v-block less torque is required as the set screw will push the v-block down slightly which jams it against the action screws. Just don't torque it more than 30 in-lbs, and don't use any thread locker.

Finally, you shouldn't remove the barrel from the receiver ever unless you're replacing it. This can cause excess wear and isn't necessary for normal cleaning.

When we build them we torque it to 30 in-lbs. Torquing high can cause barrel droop. With the adjustable v-block less torque is required as the set screw will push the v-block down slightly which jams it against the action screws. Just don't torque it more than 30 in-lbs, and don't use any thread locker.

Finally, you shouldn't remove the barrel from the receiver ever unless you're replacing it. This can cause excess wear and isn't necessary for normal cleaning.

Thank you for the info.

Back
Top Bottom