Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any chance of non restricted importation of QCQ-171, QBZ-191 or QWC-05?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWei View Post
    I was gonna say T191 is a no go but then a souce from Thailand told me Chinese exporter are testing QBZ-195T now, which is QBZ191 that shoots 5.56 and accepts AR15 mags. Can we look into it? I mean the source told me these rifles are pretty badass, out performing some M4s.....
    They really should pursue getting some QBZ-191s into Canada even trying to secure the FRT ASAP. I am sure that things will change when Pierre Poilievre comes into power. The QBZ-191 would definitely be a better designed rifle than any Canadian made AR-180 ( I don’t touch them with a 10 foot pole). But the QBZ-191 would have all the military reliability testing behind it. Big win for anyone that chooses to import them. Even at $3000 a piece they would still be 100% worth it.

Only found 2 references after some web search. no real picture.

Name:  T195.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  55.9 KB
    Last edited by greentips; 04-25-2024 at 07:43 AM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Name:  T195.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  55.9 KB
    That looks exciting! Anyone know the translation? I also wonder how the importers contact the various firearms organizations in China.

Google translate it.

blah blah bah, more accurate than M4, more reliable than M16A4. Provide Production line Thailand? Sounds like made in thailand possibly a tech transfer.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    Google translate it.

blah blah bah, more accurate than M4, more reliable than M16A4. Provide Production line Thailand? Sounds like made in thailand possibly a tech transfer.
    I wonder why they would make it in Thailand seems strange

CGN Regular
    This looks super cool.

And shouldn’t cost anything like 3-5k. For those who have never been to Asia: it’s way cheaper to manufacture things there.

Also I have heard all Chinese firearm manufacturing is done by government bodies/employees. Some sort of Chinese gov disagreement be why it’s made in Thailand? Unsure.

I think we are more likely to see a 5.56 T81 version than this due to current legal hurdles. However, any new offering in the Canadian space is fantastic.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffice View Post
    I think we are more likely to see a 5.56 T81 version than this due to current legal hurdles. However, any new offering in the Canadian space is fantastic.
    They ruined the type 81 by putting a heavy barrel on it. The original imports from 2017 had standard profile barrels and were great. I have no clue why they went to the heavy barrel. I know that the QBZ-191 should be like $1600 max. However if I have to pay a bit more to make it profitable for the importer I would

Quote Originally Posted by FARMHANDYO View Post
    They ruined the type 81 by putting a heavy barrel on it. The original imports from 2017 had standard profile barrels and were great. I have no clue why they went to the heavy barrel. I know that the QBZ-191 should be like $1600 max. However if I have to pay a bit more to make it profitable for the importer I would
    I always have been a fan of lighter barrel semis so I lean your direction but I actually do like the M version. Pencil barrel is the way to go for sure. I’m in the market for a 5.56 semi auto and nothing tickles my fancy whatsoever at current availability so I’m with you pal, I’m hungry for something new!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffice View Post
    I always have been a fan of lighter barrel semis so I lean your direction but I actually do like the M version. Pencil barrel is the way to go for sure. I’m in the market for a 5.56 semi auto and nothing tickles my fancy whatsoever at current availability so I’m with you pal, I’m hungry for something new!
    Hahaha yeah exactly! All the Canadian made 180s have engineering issues. At least if you get a QBZ-191 you know it was tested and proven. However I am not sure about the process to get them imported. I wish that the importers were more upfront about what is involved in importing these firearms

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast