Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Load Of Starline Brass Just In

I'm in the same boat was going to jump on some 45-70 but the shipping is a little steep (recognize completely that Canada Post are thieves and nothing is getting cheaper anywhere these days)

Contributing Dealer Prophet River's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
    I'm in the same boat was going to jump on some 45-70 but the shipping is a little steep (recognize completely that Canada Post are thieves and nothing is getting cheaper anywhere these days)
    Quote Originally Posted by misterplinker1 View Post
    Any way you can toss a small order into a flat rate box?
    $33 plus tax for shipping 200 pieces of brass seems excessive.
    My small business account would cost $19.89 including taxes for the same weight and size sent to my location from yours.
    The quote you receive is direct from C.P. Our site ties in directly with theirs and we are a high volume shipper, so, rates are normally decent. (we ship of 15K parcels a year within Canada)
    -if you like, buy the brass but select 'curbside pickup' then send a shipping label to us from your business account. -
    Last edited by Prophet River; 04-06-2024 at 11:15 AM.
    www.prophetriver.com
    inquiries - 780-875-0575 / info@prophetriver.com
    Prophet River Firearms
    4206 66th Ave
    Lloydminster, AB
    T9V 3S9

If you were somehow able to start shipping in the Canada Post Flat Rate Boxes, shipping costs would drop about the 40% Misterplinker1 mentions, even without a small business account. Have to love Canada Post!(place sarcasm here).

I confirm what Zeuster56 said, flate rate boxes are amazing, easy to pack, write address info and bye bye. Shipping fee go lower and it motive the buyer to purchase more (like me) .
    Last edited by pourquoi; 04-06-2024 at 12:16 PM.

When will you get 270win

Quote Originally Posted by pourquoi View Post
    I confirm what Zeuster56 said, flate rate boxes are amazing, easy to pack, write address info and bye bye. Shipping fee go lower and it motive the buyer to purchase more (like me) .
    Flat rate boxes have to be purchased at a Canada Post Outlet directly, yes they are less expensive, but this comes at a cost. Only $100.00 insurance is allowed, and if lost and your parcel is valued higher, you are screwed, ask me how I know.......

The dealer would have to buy a large supply of various sized flat rate boxes and then store them on site. In my opinion it creates more work and overall would cost the dealer more money, but the customer would safe a little. Then you have that $100.00 insurance cap which trust me, you do not want.

Although I agree with everyone's concerns about ridiculously high shipping costs, there is not much we can do except to flush the smelly Turd!

If we create more work for the dealer who is shipping, the price of the goods will go up accordingly. Shipping is very labor intensive, especially with the amount of parcels they ship in a fiscal year.

Eight years of a tyrannical government has destroyed Canada, including Canada Post. It will be a real mess to clean up once Pierre Poilievre becomes the new Canadian Prime Minister. But make no mistake, there is no easy fix to the excessive damage that has been done.

And another 18 months of the fool at the helm will just create more damage. He wants another carbon tax increase January 1st 2025. Shipping will increase again!
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
    Shipping is going to be very close to the same everywhere you order from. The price of the 45/70 brass is way cheaper here then other places that have it right now, almost half the price I have seen it for. The shipping is moot at that point.

Yeah I just ended up accepting the shipping cost and placed my order. One in the hand is worth two in the bush...

I appreciate you getting back to me and offering the emailed label option, that's very accommodating.

Still waiting for you guys to update the list.
    My Visa finger is getting itchy....
    MEMBER CCFR,

What about the 223 .. Thanks

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast