Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T81M handguards

Same got 3 in preorder I pray they arrive soon my lmg is waiting and my UFs
    ***Terms of all sales***
    -"I'll take it" with payment trumps all dialogue
    - Insurance is Buyers responsibly, so please request

view photos ask your wife BEFORE making offers

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfiend View Post
    Just watched a couple of his vids. Looks like he makes quality stuff. Good vibe. Great quality vids. Not too much useless banter. Straight to the point, entertaining and genuinely funny.
    His tommy gun iteration looks real good on the T81! Great video, he's a natural XD

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by redflagmat View Post
    There’s a guy custom making them on YouTube/gp
    At the risk of passing for a dumdum how do I get in touch with that gentleman to ask for an order ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ershwin View Post
    At the risk of passing for a dumdum how do I get in touch with that gentleman to ask for an order ?
    He is on here under the same name I believe
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Stiches View Post
    Like Ershwin mentioned, there's a guy in Ontario making them in black walnut. Search "GreasyGus" (all one word) and check out his video list. His T81 looks pretty good all dressed up actually.
    great video's!!!

somewhere in between Saskatchewan and Ontario
    Anyone have any updates on the new handguards? Have they arrived, started shipping yet? I feel like TI may have been optimistic on the "delivery in April" statement when I pre ordered mine months ago.....
    DISCLAIMER

- First “I’ll take it” wins regardless of what dialogue is occurring
    - payment required within 12 HRS unless agreed upon prior
    - all sales on the EE are final so i ask questions before buying
    - all items sold come with 100$ insurance.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Danop316 View Post
    I pre-ordered one. I’ll post when it’s been received. It looks like the order with the handguard has shipped though I’m unsure if it was a partial or full shipment.
    Taking the plunge and pre-ordering anything in this day and age is a gamble. Thank you for your service, and looking forward to some updates on this hand guard.

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 84wh1 View Post
    Anyone have any updates on the new handguards? Have they arrived, started shipping yet? I feel like TI may have been optimistic on the "delivery in April" statement when I pre ordered mine months ago.....
    They arrived at warehouse late last week, we started processing labels and adding to shipping queue
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

Quote Originally Posted by JayCorbett View Post
    Taking the plunge and pre-ordering anything in this day and age is a gamble. Thank you for your service, and looking forward to some updates on this hand guard.
    The handguard came in today.

There is a noticeable dent on the front of the piece. It's not a big deal for me as this firearm was purchased to be used and abused. Best to inspect yours before install.

Installation was simple. However, the fitment is tight on the top piece and requires coaxing. Installing this does mean there are 4x tiny screws you'll have to remove every time you want to clean the gas block and piston. I'll be buying more of these little screws to replace the ones that will inevitably be eaten by the floor.

I'm not running a sight on this handguard, as I have a mastermount, so I can't say how it'll maintain zero.

Im reasonably happy with my purchase. Is it the best $200 I've spent? No. Would I spend the $200 again if I wanted another T81M handguard? Sure, I don't see any other options.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danop316 View Post
    However, the fitment is tight on the top piece and requires coaxing.
    If it is like the one for the SA model, the rail essentially clamps down on the barrel clamp, which tightens the lower portion of the hand guard at the top.
    Installing the upper rail into the lower hand guard before you tighten down the front is going to be much easier (if you are not doing this sequence of installation already).
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast