Thread: Canadian with CCW

Canadian with CCW

Hey guys, I recently took my PAL/RPAL course and heard my instructor (Canadian citizen) talk about his vailed CCW in some parts of the US. Does anyone have any information on how i could apply for CCW as a Canadian citizen or if it's possible? I have a lot of family in the US (Florida) and we go shooting all the time.

Check the Utah site for CCW , you will need an American address and complete a Bureau of Investigation check. Has been a couple years so some rules may have changed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Florida is a constitutional carry state, but this doesn’t allow a Canadian to carry

When I moved to VA, I needed to get my green card before I could get my CHP

I would tread very carefully if you try to carry in Florida with a UT or AZ permit. Even if those states allow you a permit, Florida may not recognize reciprocity because their rules prohibit issuing a permit to a non-citizen or non green card holder

You could also send a question to the state AG about it. There are lots of Canadians in Florida so I’m sure it’s come up before
    Last edited by Onagoth; 04-14-2024 at 10:52 AM.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

thank you