Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Timing Could Not Be Better !

The Timing Could Not Be Better !

That we are almost ready to release the Bren 2 MS machined from billet gas blocks and trunnions. It would appear the factory cast gas blocks are not holding up well. These two rifles were purchased in Oct. of 2023. Both suffered catastrophic failure as you can see. We have also seen many of these with a perfect split axially on the bottom of the block right at the 6 o'clock position. Maybe think about checking yours periodically and if you have the funds maybe consider picking up a spare.

Name:  Bren 2 Gas Blocks.jpg
Views: 1690
Size:  103.2 KB
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

That’s wild. I just picked up a 14.17” barreled model and have been waiting to get my 11” barrel reinstated after having another Bren 2 converted by you to non restricted. Guess I’ll find out which one holds up best when I send my 11” to you.

Ouch good to know considering the bren price tag

Yikes. Were these off of NR conversions or factory barrels?

have you considered making them out of stainless steel?

What kind of wear did the rifles see before the failure/how many rounds down the pipe? And were they NR conversions (if so, what barrel length originally)? A failure after 6 months is alarming.

Quote Originally Posted by Cl2 View Post
    Yikes. Were these off of NR conversions or factory barrels?
    Nothing to do with N/R conversions. These were bone stock factory 11" .223 guns from a local range. The guns are otherwise in great shape except for this little snafu. I spoke with a gentleman that does some warranty work for these and asked if he'd seen others like this and the answer was 'Yes'. No need to panic and freak out but it is something starting to show up as the guns get more and more use and chew through different types of ammo.

All new firearms have growing pains and I'm sure we will see amendments to this part from CZ in the future. Warranty claims for big companies cost far more than simple design changes so once enough claims are filed they will address it I think. If you think that the B+T GHM9 got to Gen 3 in only two years, well you can see that they also suffered some of these growing pains and they are no slouch company that's for sure !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Who could of guessed, a cast part failing lol. For the price of the Bren no part should be cast
    Collector of WW2 German firearms

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTA View Post
    Who could of guessed, a cast part failing lol. For the price of the Bren no part should be cast
    Well, now that you mention it, some of them are machined and some are cast. Don't ask me why they switched but there are a mix of the two on these rifles just depends on which one you have.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

How can someone like myself, with little to no knowledge and experience with machining and casting, know the difference with my gas block? Are there some marks that would give a person a clue? I have a few of those tiny circle indents on my gas block like the ones I see on your picture that are next to the latch detent spot.
    Last edited by guysavard; 04-17-2024 at 06:11 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast